Work out 5 days a week or 6???

Options
I put on here that I was going to work out 5 Days a week because I know you need days off to recuperate. But I really want to workout today(I would probably take today or yesterday off as well as Sunday). Because I am new and have already lost 13 lbs in less than 2 weeks(almost 2 weeks) and yesterday I had a piece of cake and noticed this morning that I feel ugh(like I ate junk which I did). I really want to remain losing weight. Any ideas??? I have been doing the Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVS. :)

Replies

• missrugby
    missrugby Posts: 31
    Options
    Wow, you have done awesome in less than two weeks. You can do cardio everyday so maybe just do that today?? Congrats on a great weight loss!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    how about a nice long brisk walk? fresh air, light exercise and will burn some calories.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    id say work out 7 if you want. (just not to intensely ) its pretty much what you feel is right. and you are right about recovering. but i work 6 days a week where i am always on my feet/ breaking a sweat and i cant take a break from that. also you dont want to work out sooooo much that you grow to hate it. (i had a problem with that. obsessive about working out in my past) at first its nice to see the weight drop off but later you can grow to hate it. idk if that makes since its just my personal experience.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I say work out! As long as you don't over do it, you should be fine.
  • bottlenose
    Options
    I work out 7 days a week, cardio and abs 7 days a week, lifting weights 5 days a week, I have been using my fitness pal and have lost 30lbs. in 6 weeks. Keep up the good work!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    try to do as much as you can BUT have one day off,just take your kids to the park or far a walk or something instead!
  • AndreaWyland
    AndreaWyland Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I think that if you feel like it, do 6 or even 7 days a week. There will be other days and weeks that you need the break and you will feel it, watch your body for cues, very tired, not into the workout and puting it off, no energy, grumpy, etc. I workout 6 days a week usually doing something dif everyday, ie snowboarding, running, p90x videos, turbo jam videos, and baron baptiste videos/yoga. The intensity is dif everyday and I dont get bored. If I find that Im just not into it and am sore I take a break but if 7 days in a row I feel like it and dont "need" the break I dont take it, make sense? If you find youve worked out two weeks in a row you should prob take a forced break even if you dont feel like it... my two cents:) good job, keep up the good work!
  • derkacs
    derkacs Posts: 19
    Options
    I work out everyday! Just maybe have an easy day once or twice a week! I still will work legs one day and arms another. Just take a cardio day easy.. even though yesterday was my easy day and I still ran for 30 mins.. but I have the excuse that I was super happy. lol and needed to get something out.

Also keep track of what you eat and how much you eat. Stay away from sodium, sugar, etc. Try to eat atleast 5 fruits/veggies a day and drink plenty of water. You will notice after weeks of eating healthy, when it comes to eating a cake or unhealthy food youll say "Thats not even worth it." Because going to the gym working out, sweating your butt off, not worth the calories, fat, and whatever unhealthy stuff is also in it. Only time that I occasionally give in is during my period, and its actually natural for women. But I don't go into the freezer and take out a huge thing of ice cream and eat away. I look for something (atleast SOMEWHAT) healthy that can make me happy. And during your time of the month, you will naturally gain weight. It is normal for women to gain water weight during that time. Usually 2-5 pounds. So continue exercising during that time, because it also helps relieve cramps.

12 pounds is a great start girl! Keep it up! Hope this helps.
  • sarahlauren18
    sarahlauren18 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I would also say the more the merrier!!! I work out 7 days a week, plus I'm starting to double up and do workouts in the morning & night, GOOD LUCK !!
  • Jr0w03
    Jr0w03 Posts: 1
    Options
    Workout!!! Cardio is safe to do everyday... It's true that your MUSCLES have to have at least one day to recover, that's why you only work a specific muscle group each day when lifting weights. But your heart appreciates a good cardio session and it can do it everyday! It's good for you!