I'm Stuck..and it sucks:(

Options
I'm feeling 100% discouraged. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I jump on the scale and it was down a few pounds.
No thats not why I'm whining. The next day it was back up, and hasn't went back down for just about 2 1/2 weeks. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
I'm doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, before starting that I worked out 4-5 times a week for 40 minutes. I SWEAT during, I'm talkin super gross The Biggest Loser sweat.
I am staying around 1,200 calories a day. Is that bad for someone who is so heavy?
I'm not eating anything bad. I have NEVER been over on my calories, I work out, I stay busy, I drink TONS of water. WHY is my weight not changing:(

HELP ME:(

I feel so close to just quitting because I'm seeing NO change, and haven't for going on three week.

Replies

• Kelleinna
    Kelleinna Posts: 160
    Options
    You might try upping your calorie intake slightly. MFP has me at 1450 and I have a lot of weight to lose too. You might be unintentionally starving yourself so your body is fighting back trying to hold on to every calorie.
  • VanessaDWhite
    Options
    Are you measuring yourself? Musle weighs more than fat, so that might be a reason. Don't give up!
  • sandman933
    sandman933 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Are you staying at 1200 because the program put you there or you just only eat that much? Your body could be putting you into starvation mode possibly.
  • bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Honestly, bump up your calories. If your working out that hard your body NEEDS the calories. I was eating only 1200 calories and doing Insanity, needless to say I didn't drop a lbs (actually gained). I bumped my weightloss to only 1lb per weeks so I was consuming 1490 calories a day. I dropped weight like crazy. Also, try to consume at least half of you exercise calories with healthy snacks!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    try opening your food diary and maybe some of the more experienced people on here can provide some good advice.
  • Kimber2336
    Kimber2336 Posts: 131
    Options
    Google Zig Zagging (moving calories up and down between days supposedly confuses the metabolism)... it might help... there is a thread about it somewhere in all these message boards.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    It probably is too low,

but what i would suggest is try to eat clean for a couple of weeks. I promise you will see results! I was kind of at a stall at 128 lbs when I started to eat clean and went down a pant size since i did!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Without seeing your diary, or having much info about you (height, weight, etc) it's hard to give much advice. There are lots of things that could be off.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I would try eating a little more, 100-200 calories more per day. Also, make sure you're taking your measurements as they are often a better indicator of progress. Make sure you eat your exercise calories too! And try drinking a whey protein shake after working out. It delivers protein to your muscles very quickly to help them recover and repair themselves, which means they hold on to less water for the recovery process. Get one that doesn't use artificial sweetener because your muscles need the sugar to replenish their glycogen stores.
  • missrugby
    missrugby Posts: 31
    Options
    Please don't give up. I think you need to bump your calories up some. It has taken me forever to grasp that concept of eating more to lose, but it is definitely true. I bet if you add more calories in this week you will see a loss. :-) Good luck. You can do it!
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I agree with what many others are saying, bump up your calories a bit (maybe 200-300) and see if that helps. Where you have 125 pounds that's you're capable of losing you should be eating more
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    It probably is too low,

but what i would suggest is try to eat clean for a couple of weeks. I promise you will see results! I was kind of at a stall at 128 lbs when I started to eat clean and went down a pant size since i did!

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of changes did you make specifically to "eat clean"? There seems to be varying degrees.

Thanks!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Try making the diary public (you made it open, but with the key, so we still don't have access :tongue: )