Sweet or NonSweet Potato?

Options
My hubby wants to reintroduce potatoes into our diet and I'm a little concerned about it!

I looked at the food database and saw that a regular baked potato has about 120 more calories than a sweet potato baked, but a sweet potato has much more sugary carbs than a regular baked potato.

So my question is, which is really better for you when it comes to weight loss - Sweet or NonSweet Potato?

Replies

• aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have switched to Sweet Potatos for the fact of lower cals. If I eat a reg potato I have to have butter on it, but with a sweet potato, I eat it as is. Very yummy.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I thought sweet potaoes had less of an impact of your sugar than regular potatoes.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I use Yukon Gold potatoes and I roast them in a little olive oil. An average sized potato only has 100 calories.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I still eat regular but only every once in a while. I eat sweet potatoes in different forms of food often because they are lower calorie and high in vitamins.
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I eat sweet potatoes plain. I eat a very small one (about the size of my palm) it may have more sugary carbs but they are far better for you than regular potatoes. They have vitamin A and other vitamins in them. :)
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    DEFINITELY sweet potatoes!! Way healthier. Way less starch.