A long Journey ahead of me

Options
My name is Paige and I'm trying to lose 150 lbs before my 30th birthday. I want to be happy with myself as i start into my 30s. I've lost 9 lbs since I started on 2-20-11. Just a whole lot more weight
to go lol.

Replies

• siggensr
    siggensr Posts: 3
    Options
    Wow way to go Paige, I have a LOT of weight to loose as well and I know the number can be overwhelming. Keep it up 9pounds is GREAT!
  • K3LLYSU3
    K3LLYSU3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    dont look at the long road ahead, just focus on everyday. You have done very well thus far. Keep up the good work You can do it...
  • highland_sky
    highland_sky Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great job Paige! I have about 100 lbs to lose and feel your pain. Lisa
  • Weste
    Weste Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great start!!! 9 pounds in 2 weeks is phenomenal. Congratulations!! Keep at it and stay the journey. Don't let lifes little temptations take over.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    10 lbs is awesome! it's a long road (Im in the same boat), so try to make small shorter goals. I would say 10# is one of them! nice work.

one day at a time!
  • nmain
    nmain Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    9lbs is GREAT!! I have 70lbs that I want to shed and I am right there with you on the long road issue. Keep up the good work, it will be worth it in the end!! :bigsmile:
  • imastarkidder
    Options
    When is your 30th birthday? Sounds like you are doing great! Hang in there and don't let any set backs (I think we all have them) get in the way, just get right back on track and it will happen.
  • boncharlie
    boncharlie Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hi Paige, Congrats on loosing 9lbs - what a brilliant start! I have lost 56lbs so far and have about another 80lbs to go so I also have a long way to go....but just got to take it day by day! Keep going!! x Debbie.
  • JuneGem6471
    JuneGem6471 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I too have well over 100 lbs to lose! We can totallyu do this! We just need support and this is a great place to find it!
  • mainey65
    mainey65 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Charmaine and I'm 45 yrs old. I have been married to my wonderful husband (who just happens to be a great cook and loves to cook for me - this can make losing weight very difficult) for 25 yrs this fall. I have two sons 21 and 23 that still live at home. I also have ALOT of weight to lose (over 100lbs). I just started my weight lose program last week and I haven't weighed myself since so, I don't know if I've lost any weight yet. I know I have a long road ahead of me, but I know I can do it. I'm counting on making some friends on this site to keep me motivated during those times I may feel discouraged and want to give up and in return I will do the same for you.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    dont look at the long road ahead, just focus on everyday. You have done very well thus far. Keep up the good work You can do it...

Definitely set short range goals to focus on!!!!!!! just focusing on losing the 100+ lbs might get discouraging when you hit a plateau. Also be sure to do measurements! Sometimes the scale stops moving but the body is toning. Add me if you'd like!!! I'd love to follow you in your journey!!
  • fatsnacker
    fatsnacker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    you will reach your goal. I want to lose 107 pounds in the next 18 months by keeping within my calorie allowance and a little bit of exercise. As I lose more weight, I will up the exercise. Good luck and I hope to see your before and after shots when you get to your target.
  • nkaplosinit
    nkaplosinit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    9lbs in two weeks is great!!!!! keep up the good work!! :-)
  • claudia7777
    claudia7777 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You are doing great. Youth, energy, will power is on your side. Staying fit a lifetime lifestyle and you have started. That is the best.
  • agibsonky
    agibsonky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I promise you can do it! My ticker says 78 pounds, but I lost some befor joining MFP...I"m actually lost 82 pounds and have about 15 to go. Not quite as lofty a goal as yours, but still a huge amount of weight! It just takes time and perserverance. You are worth it!
  • paigecrowe
    paigecrowe Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    MY 30TH BDAY IS MAY 4, 2012.