Lenten Scale Diet: T minus 6 days... are you in?

Options

Replies

• MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hey Emma - I'm going to do this too. This will be wicked hard for me - I weigh myself several times a day, but I"ve been in a plateau and lately i'm getting really discouraged at what I"m seeing on the scale. So I think I can step away - with this support!

I'm not religious either, but Lenten is a pretty sweet word :laugh:
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Loving all the people who are doing this with us!!!
  • HillHoosier
    HillHoosier Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! I'm doing the Beach Ready Challenge, but I would love to just focus on making good decisions and not worrying about that darn number on the scale!! Great idea! Thanks so much!!!
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this too. I'm starting tomorrow though because my usual weigh-day is Friday. I'm weighing in tomorrow morning then I'm done till Easter. And I'm going to hoard a bunch of Cadbury Creme Eggs between now and then to celebrate my huge loss on Easter morning! OK, no I won't, but I should...I love those things and they're only around for a limited time!
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm so in! I'm starting my eating habit change (I don't like the word diet!!) tomorrow, I'm easing into it I should say. March 8th I'll weigh and crack down!! I'm so excited!
  • oOLiveYourLifeOo
    Options
    I'm in!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this too. I'm starting tomorrow though because my usual weigh-day is Friday. I'm weighing in tomorrow morning then I'm done till Easter. And I'm going to hoard a bunch of Cadbury Creme Eggs between now and then to celebrate my huge loss on Easter morning! OK, no I won't, but I should...I love those things and they're only around for a limited time!

I always hated those things... dont know why. Ummm I dont know if I would "hoard" them ... but if you wanna save a few in a special spot for a holiday treat I think that would be perfectly fine!

So glad to all of my friends who have joined... and super glad for all of the newbies! We are going to have such a happy Easter!!
  • emmaleigh47
    Options
    T minus 5 days ... woo hoo!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    :) Okay, I'm in! More incentive to not eat all of that chocolate (though I *will* be buying some! Cadbury eggs and mini eggs... mmmm....)
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    In!!! But I'm going to weigh in on Monday's...baby steps I'm afraid!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I never weigh myself anyway so this should be easy...:smile:
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You KNOW Im in on THIS!!!! :-)
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I've been trying like the ****ens to figure out what I was going to give up for Lent. I think this is a WONDERFUL idea! I have a tendency to weigh 2-3 times per week, and only record the loss on Fridays... but this sounds like a terrific idea! I'm IN!

Ok I have to laugh .... MFP does allow you to say ****ens... haha haha haha!
    Welcome to the group...

FZy: Those poor lil chickens... I hate those things... have you ever put them in the microwave... its a fun sight!

Now you know I am gonna have to buy some just to find out what happens to them. Personally I have no problem eating them. Never did like them.......now the chocolate rabbit...there's a tough one for me! LOL
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I am SOOO on this, guys! I just started a thread, and I will join this instead. 40 days and I get a "final" weight in so I can get one more looksie in - cool! Are we going to keep track of eachother on here??? I hope so.

ARchyJill - I surely don't mean any disrespect, here, but if you continue to weigh yourself on Monday's then you really aren't participating. Why not just give it up for 40 days? (I don't know your history, maybe you belong to a real life weight loss group where weigh ins are required or something? Perhaps you could ask them to make it "secret" to you until the 40 days is up?)
  • tj5000
    tj5000 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Count me in too!!

Good luck everyone!
  • MrsBehaving
    MrsBehaving Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I think I will give it a great big GO! I never thought I could be addicted to anything that I don't put in my mouth but that darn scale! I weigh myself daily. Sometimes twice! I am horrible! NO MORE!
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great idea to post how we're doing on here. I actually am at 14 days without my scale (I started the Lenten scale diet a little earlier than everyone). We could post here how we're feeling without the scale, how are clothes are fitting since we can't weigh ourselves and how/if our measurements are shrinking if you choose to measure.
    I am SOOO on this, guys! I just started a thread, and I will join this instead. 40 days and I get a "final" weight in so I can get one more looksie in - cool! Are we going to keep track of eachother on here??? I hope so.
  • emmaleigh47
    Options
    I think it's a great idea to post how we're doing on here. I actually am at 14 days without my scale (I started the Lenten scale diet a little earlier than everyone). We could post here how we're feeling without the scale, how are clothes are fitting since we can't weigh ourselves and how/if our measurements are shrinking if you choose to measure.

I agree completely... I was planning on posting a new topic when we start the "diet"
  • emmaleigh47
    Options
    I think I will give it a great big GO! I never thought I could be addicted to anything that I don't put in my mouth but that darn scale! I weigh myself daily. Sometimes twice! I am horrible! NO MORE!

Daily --- haha I currently weigh 3 times per day every single day. I will be literally shaking the first couple of days I am sure...
  • pouringraina
    pouringraina Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I don't own a scale yet, but I am going to the doctor on March 10th. I'll record the weight I get there, and then I will vow not to buy a scale until after Easter.

Yay I'm excited.