Insanity

Bridgetc140
Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello, I'm new to this site, but have been working out for a while. I started working out last year and lost 25lbs in about 6 months. Now, I'm just working on toning up and a six pack WOO HOO! Is anyone doing the Insanity workout? I am starting Monday 3/7, since the insanity calendar starts on Monday. I have been doing Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, No More Trouble Zones and Bob Harper's Inside Out Method videos (Pure Burn Super Strength, Body Rev Cardio Conditioning & Yoga for the Warrior) and have tried a few of the P90X workouts. I'm excited to start. I workout on average 7 days a week. If anyone is doing it, do you always rest on the 7th day? I was thinking of doing some Yoga that day. I feel like a real slug if I do nothing. Thanks!

Replies

• shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Hi there! I'm starting Monday too. I was supposed to start this past Monday but got sidelined with sinusitis and an ear infection!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    I've done it twice. Take the rest day...you'll deserve it. LOL....you're gonna get your butt kicked.
  • Bridgetc140
    That's awesome! Maybe we can do it together, if you want?? Are you going to follow the diet also? I plan on eating off of the first 2 tiers (as I already do) and just counting calories and trying to eat 5 times a day, but I doubt I'll be able to stick with their meals, because I don't like many dairy products, beef or fish.
  • missrugby
    missrugby Posts: 31
    I want to do it, but I am sort of a beginner with the working out, so I am a little bit terrified of Insanity! I know so many people who have done it, and it is amazing to see their results!
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    So, I'm still working up my endurance, but I hear a lot about the p90x and Insanity, aren't they both kind of similar?
  • darnold67
    darnold67 Posts: 36
    I am on my 6th week of Insanity and absolutely love it! Shaun T. really works your core and your cardio is great! I'm going to do a 2nd round after this. I usually take the Sunday off so my body can rest. He works you out hard all week. If you need anything please let me know! I would love to help! Diane
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    I am on my 4th month of Insanity. LOVE it. I always take Sunday as a rest day.
  • darnold67
    You can do it! It is a great workout and the results are amazing! I am 43 years old and was scared to do it and now I'm in my 6th week and loving it. Just go at your own pace and you will see results immediately! If you have any questions please let me know! I would love to help! Diane
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    So, I'm still working up my endurance, but I hear a lot about the p90x and Insanity, aren't they both kind of similar?

P90X and Insanity are absolute nothing alike. The only similarities are they are both produced by Beachbody and they will both kick your *kitten*!
  • darnold67
    I would love to do Insanity with you! I count my calories and eat 5 times a day too. My problem area is my tummy and so far Insanity is helping to shed it! We will keep in touch on here. I'm usually on a few times a day! Thanks Diane
  • darnold67
    They are different but both VERY effective. I have done P90X and now doing Insanity! Wow Insanity is kicking my behind but i's great. All I can say is just jump in there with both feet and do your best! You will see improvements in your body that you are going to love. If you have any questions just let me know! I would love to help! Diane
  • darnold67
    Hello! Yes to do Insanity is hard enough without having those problems! lol! It's hard enough to get your breath when your not sick! Whenever you do start please le me know. If you have any questions, I would love to help you! Diane
  • AmyQwith2
    AmyQwith2 Posts: 59 Member
    I am just finishing up my first week of Insanity - tonight is Day 6. Loving it so far; although the scale hasn't budged - I expect it to eventually.
  • darnold67
    Hi Amy! Don't go by your scale go by the inches. You will see the inches coming off before the weight. Just keep up the good work and be sure to drink ALOT of water. If you have questions please let me know! Diane
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Just posting in here so that I can find this thread when I finally begin in a few weeks. And also to support everyone and especially my bud Ms. Booty!!!
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    bump
  • Bridgetc140
    Hey everyone! Thanks for all the replies! I have added you Diane and I am now even more excited to start the program! I know it will be challenging, but I know I can do it! I will take down all my inches on Monday morning. I only in reality want to lose about 5lbs in total weight. I am 4'11'' and 115lbs. I just want to lose any baby fat (I have a 2 year old delivered via e. c-section) left over and increase my muscle mass! I want a six pack by summer and less jiggle in the booty area! LOL Oh and some rocking arms!!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    I started last week and just finished my first full week with my rest day yesterday. I had just completed P90X the say before I started Insanity. I was very sore the first week and didn't add any extra work out's in per se, I did XStretch one day and P90X YogaX on my "off" day. I needed an off day. I'm not near as sore today as I was the first day of my first week (not counting fit test).

I'm also adding running into my Insanity schedule. I want to run a 1/2 marathon in April, so need to get my mileage up there. I also will add a couple of the P90X strength workouts to keep those muscles in shape.

I don't like that Insanity workouts are less than an hour, so I always add extra cardio in at the time to make it an hour. Today it was KenpoX Plus, from P90X Plus, the days before I jumped on the elliptical. I'm still about 7lbs from my goal weight, and hoping for 23% body fat, I'm at about 27% now.
  • doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Good luck. I've did one round of Insanity (after doing two rounds of P90X). I didn't lose any weight doing Insanity but I did lose inches all over. It will kick your butt for sure. The only thing I didn't like was that I felt it go too repetitive since each month only had 3 "true workouts" (the fourth workout being a recovery). I got a little bored doing the same workouts.

You will definitely look forward to your off day.

I'm doing a hybrid of P90X and Insanity now and I like the variety much better (plus I'm doing a little running mixed in as well).
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Day 1- Fit test

My legs are shaking like jello and my heart might slow down by the time I start doing Day 2. Awesome!
This discussion has been closed.