What's your favorite muscle building protein snack?

Options
I sometimes eat a little less than I need and I can tell when I do because my favorite muscle building exercise (Pilates) feels extra challenging.

What high protein snack would you recommend that I can easily incorporate into my diet for a 150 calorie boost?

Replies

• drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    canned tuna!
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    After weight training I drink 1 cup of almond milk (40 cals) with one tablespoon of whey protein powder (65 cals). I use pure protein powder, not a flavored drink mix. You can easily blend fruit or add something else to it if you want 150 cals.
  • sm26davis
    sm26davis Posts: 52
    Options
    have you tried Shakeology?
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I need some ideas...
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'll agree with the tuna but in the pouch instead (tastes fresher). 80 calories, so have two pouches.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I like one cup of milk and a banana with one scoop of cocoa powder and some vanilla to sweeten. Blend it together and enjoy... its about 200 calories tho.
  • dakotasky
    dakotasky Posts: 21
    Options
    I have a protein bar (150 - 160 calories) that my doctor suggest the brand is called Pro-Thin.
  • beerbomber
    beerbomber Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    If you like tun go tuna or can go canned chicken if you don't like tuna. If you wan't to satisfy a sweet tooth and get your protein I like Cliff bars.
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I love tuna! That's thinking outside the box (literally). Excellent idea for a low fat high protein snack. Thanks all!
  • euberon
    euberon Posts: 1
    Options
    Big 100 Crisp Apple Pie protein bars. Eat half at a time for 200 Calories and 15 grams of protein, 5 grams of fat. Did I mention they are delicious? :-)