Hello

ram58miller
ram58miller Posts: 6
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, I'm new & am just starting my diet. I'm not that motivated yet because I can't help but see the big picture which means having to lose over 50 pounds. It seems insermountable, so I can use all the support I can get My biggest problem is I like food. It's something I look forward to when I'm having a bad day & today is not that great. I am fighting the urge to cheat, even as we speak. If anyone has any encouragement to share, to help keep me on my diet, please share it with me. I can uSe all the support I CAN GET.

Replies

• missrugby
    missrugby Posts: 31
    I am right there with you! It is hard to be motivated when you have a lot to lose (I have more to lose than you do), but I am just trying to remember to take it a pound at a time. Set mini goals for yourself like the first 5 or 10 pounds and just concentrate on that instead of the 50. We can do it. Feel free to friend me if you would like!
  • Nelly711
    Nelly711 Posts: 52
    I have made it a daily goal to be UNDER my calories! So far, it's working!! There are days I just don't feel like the treadmill and me are going to get along, so I think about that too, when I want a snack! I eat Breakfast, a morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and then dinner. No more snacking before bed time! I have quite a bit to lose as well, and the best support you can have is a buddy system as well!! Good Luck!
  • dimoul
    dimoul Posts: 137 Member
    Just hang in there.

Sub vegetables and whole grains for the stuff you normally eat.

decide beforehand what you will eat.

find things to distract you. read, play video games, do chores around the house, walk, talk to someone, take a nap, do anything to distract your mind from eating. after a while you'll notice you forgot about eating and you'll feel great.

review everything you already ate today - it's still there in your tummy feeding you.

drink a lot of water or other no-calorie beverages.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    You CAN do this! Just don't look at the big picture yet! Forget 50, and think about 5, or even 2 if you need to. I have lost the amount that you need, and still need to lose 100. Just remember, if I can get up and keep going every day, so can you, and if you need to, send me a message and I will be happy to remind you.
    At first it is really hard to quit thinking about food in the same ways that you always have. Start thinking about little things you can change, like I will no longer drink my calories. For me that meant cutting out sugary drinks. One step at a time, one day at a time. If you mess up, that's okay. None of us are perfect. What is not okay is to beat yourself up over it and decide there is no use anymore today, I'll think about it tomorrow. Don't wait for a new day to make a fresh start, every minute is a new opportunity.
    Step by step the longest march can be done. Many stones can form an arch, singly none.
    As Thomas Edison said, "I have not failed; I have simply found 10.000 ways that don't work."
    And, as the Latin in my signature line (Ad Astra Per Aspera) says, To the stars through difficulties!

Hang in there! I am pulling for you!
This discussion has been closed.