Extra lean ground turkey sloppy joes

Options
burley13
burley13 Posts: 5
this is one of my favorite dinners. If you eat it on whole wheat buns it's really not that bad.

It is a lb of ground turkey, an 8 oz can of tomato paste, 1 1/4 cup water and McCormick sloppy joe seasoning ... the recipe us on the seasoning packet... it is fast and so good!!

Replies

• burley13
    Options
    this is one of my favorite dinners. If you eat it on whole wheat buns it's really not that bad.

It is a lb of ground turkey, an 8 oz can of tomato paste, 1 1/4 cup water and McCormick sloppy joe seasoning ... the recipe us on the seasoning packet... it is fast and so good!!
  • michlindsay23
    Options
    I eat turkey meat whenever I get a craving for hamburger. I finally convinced my husband to eat it too, and he has come up with tasty dishes. I'll have to try the sloppy joe one. :smile:
  • Jendaya35
    Jendaya35 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thats all we have in our house :tongue: is ground turkey. I have blacklisted ground beef around here!
  • NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You might check the labels on your turkey and beef. I have found that there is ground turkey with high fat content and ground beef with very low fat content. Unless you just don't like red meat you can get lean beef that is just as lean, if not more lean than turkey.
  • Christine30412
    Options
    I found the same thing. I bought turkey burgers and my friend bought beef burgers and there wasn't much of a difference because hers were made of lean ground beef.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey is all we eat also! I've found that it's not as heavy. Yes...you can find beef low in fat, but I don't feel as bloated the next day if I eat turkey. Also, you won't see an instant gain on the scale. Just what I've noticed. We still eat beef once and a while. But I think it's just a preference. :smile:

~Kristin
  • burley13
    Options
    I don't ever eat red meat, so it's turkey or chicken for me. I always had a had time digesting red meat and cows are so sweet!! I should be a vegetarian!