Frustrated and discouraged

Options
I'm needing a little love today....my weight has been the same for the past 2 1/2 weeks. My measurements are the same too. Not sure what the problem is. I've been staying under my calorie allowance every day and doing everything right. Super frustrated. Any advice?

Replies

• A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough calories? Have you tried changing up your workout routine? Also, are you getting enough water? If you aren't getting enough calories, then your body is in starvation mode. I was like this a few weeks ago. I didn't go anywhere for over 3 weeks, but then the scale started to move again. Don't give up. Your body could just be adjusting. Stay strong and focused. You will start seeing results again.
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    No advice, just commiseration. I've been hovering around the same weight for over two months now; bouncing back and forth on the same 4lbs. This is after dropping about 50lbs, so I feel like I know what I'm doing, it's just stopped working. Here's hoping we both figure it out!

Maybe try changing up your workout routine a bit? Sometimes your body gets used to what you're doing, and it uses less calories to do the same amount of work. I'm assuming that's my issue but I have a fairly high needs/clingy toddler so that isn't an option for me at the moment :) I'd like to get back into some cardio dvds but every time I put one on she suddenly needs me, haha!
  • Tkhk0514
    Tkhk0514 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I just read that you should change up your calories. Maybe do the calories 1200. for 5 days through the week then change it up a bit for the other 2 days and increase your calorie count to maybe 1500.00. Its so your body does not get used to it.

Same with exercise. You should change it up a bit. Lifting one day vs cardio...or do ellyptical one day, tread mill the next so that you are not always working the same muscles.

Just what I read...but I completely understand the frustration. I too am stuck.

Dont give in...fight the fight.