Hurting Feet?

Options
So i saw a post about hurting feet and thought i would post this letter i wrote to the user.

"Many years back i used to sell shoes to people who ran marathons
Few things you need to do before you go to a foot doctor.

First get your foot measured they will tell you of you need a wider shoe and the size needed.

2nd you need to look at your old shoes and see how they are wearing on the heel.
this will give you signs of your "Running Gait"
do you overpronation or underpronation.

The easiest way to determine your running gait is by looking at one of your used pair of shoes.

Place the shoes side by side on a table, toes pointing away from you. Look at the shoes from eye-level and you should be able to see one of three scenarios..'

If the shoes have a slight or significant inward tilt, then you exhibit an overpronation running gait.

If the shoes appear to be neutral and do not tilt inward nor out, then you exhibit a pronation-neutral running gait.

If the shoes have a slight or significant outward tilt, then you exhibit an underpronation (supination) running gait.

They make shoes that can fix this issue.

Also do you have proper archer support?
goto an athletic store and find someone who is trained to help you find out you may need to buy some new insoles for your shoes.

Also you have got to determine how heavy you step If you have a really heavy step then you do not want something like a Nike air that would simply be to soft.
New Balance is one brand that has an "ABZORB" technology were the cushioning in the shoe is meant to absorb the impact of the heel.

Also some Brand sthat make a great shoe that you would not otherwise think of are
Brooks, Asics and Saucony "

Edit i can get much more detailed if needed just message me or friend me

Replies

• kidtechnical
    Options
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Thanks.
  • Cazador64
    Cazador64 Posts: 23
    Options
    No prob
    I might rewrite this when i got more time to include some shoe suggestions.

As well as get onto more detail about shin splints, heel spurs and Pronation