Ahh too many calories already!!

Options
carajo
carajo Posts: 532 Member
Ok huge problem, had a big lunch today...i was hungry :).....But today is my sons bday and he is wanting a chinese buffet place for dinner! Any thoughts on what to get...i have about 500 cals left for the day. I just have been soo good i hate to go over! I am not worried about eating the cupcakes i made or ice cream.....just CHINESE BUFFET, those words scare me ;) THANKS!!

Replies

• buchmansrus
    buchmansrus Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I'm sure they''ll have salad there but just eat small portions of whatever and drink lots of water.
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I would try to squeeze in a workout to burn 400 or so. This way the guilt is gone :)
  • nicnian
    nicnian Posts: 2
    Options
    Exercise and earn yourself some more calories
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Looked for steamed rice (brown preferred), veggies or fish. Chicken (as long as its not drowned in sodium-laden sauces) can work too. Good luck!
  • SeaShell33
    SeaShell33 Posts: 141
    Options
    get a good hard workout in! =)
  • shellia
    shellia Posts: 11
    Options
    Try to take a 30 to 45 minute speed walk before you go or when you return home. Try to stay away from the starches.
  • Amaris1973
    Amaris1973 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Avoid the deep fried stuff, have boiled rice instead of egg fried and have lots of veg as well to fill you up. The chicken soup is also very good for you and low in cals
  • peach0913
    peach0913 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I say treat yourself you deserve it. I try to have my cheat days on special occasions. Enjoy a night out with your family.
  • LHarders
    LHarders Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I would say get in an exercise if you can......get some extra calories....and then just eat half of what you normally would....Good Luck!
  • oshmom
    oshmom Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Do you have time to fit in a workout. Even earning 200-300 calories will help on the other end. Be sure to get steamed white or brown rice, no fried rice or noodles. Buffet is scary cuz you can't have it prepared special. Look for veggies, or broth based soups. Stay away from the meat that has been fried like orange chicken or general tso's chicken, or fried prawns or eggrolls. Anything with a brown sauce or unnatural color (like red) has too much sodium.

On the other hand...you may just wanna take tonight off as you have done well! Happy Birthday to your son!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I agree with trying to squeeze in a quick burn session.. but otherwise, try to steer clear of anything fried, go for lots of steamed veggies and small servings of rice... NO fried rice! Very easy on the sauces.. that sort of thing. Good luck!
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I did levels 1 and 3 of 30 day shred this am, i think i'll take a walk with the kidos, and just not worry too much about it!! I'm not a fan of ANYTHING fried, but i do love beef and broccoli :) Thanks again for the support
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I say treat yourself you deserve it. I try to have my cheat days on special occasions. Enjoy a night out with your family.

^THIS^ :happy: