Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Coffeeeeeeee

neha
neha Posts: 67
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
I have been keeping for few days. But am fighting myself not to go to pantry to get me a warm, aromatic cup of coffee. HELP! Green tea doesn't seem to satisfy me any longer.

Replies

• neha
    I have been keeping for few days. But am fighting myself not to go to pantry to get me a warm, aromatic cup of coffee. HELP! Green tea doesn't seem to satisfy me any longer.
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Drink a BIG glass of water and it will pass.......or have a cup of tea instead!
  • neha
    thx! Lemme get some water.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Coffee is ok for you--in moderation of course. But as long as you don't load it up with cream, sugar, or other things, a cup or two isn't going to hurt you.

Why don't you want to drink it at all?
  • neha
    I get pimples and slowly i get too much addicted to it. I have come far from 3 large mugs to none at all. If I have even one, am sure I'll take one more form granted and it will go on. :grumble:
  • shorerider
    Ok--I can see that--I thought maybe you thought it was just unhealthy. I have cut back from drinking about 12-15 cups a day a year ago to 1-2 cups a day now.

Have you tried decaf coffee--it smells and tastes the same but no caffeine. Maybe that might not be as hard on your skin?
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    If I can quit smoking, you can quit coffee...

BTW, love your little "quit coffee" ticker :wink:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Have you tried a tea like Earl black or other one similiar to that? Most have less caffein and if need be I you can make them like coffee. It might take a little bit of the stress away. I know for me it is a little bit of a comfort thing to have a cup of hot tea or something in the morning.
  • VegasBaby
    VegasBaby Posts: 49 Member
    What about Chai tea? I would do just about anything for some Chai tea!!! The best stuff is at Whole Foods, its in a concentrated liquid form and you mix it with Milk (skim for me or soy) it is DeLiCiOuS! Tastes like Christmas!!! :)
  • natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    I am oficial cofee addict: I drink Starbucks 3 shots of expresso on my way to work and than another 3 shots of expresso at lunch time. On the days when I happened to go out at night time ,I would get another tripple expresso skinny latte. I've been at this routine for past 5 years... Now I've reached the point where coffee was just a delicious drink but I did not get any boost of energy from it. I often suffer from headaches. I became very lethargic and tired all day long . On one of my trips to Starbucks, one of the newer baristas there told me that my body now completely depends on coffeine as the only energy source. It made sence to me and that was my last drink right then. It' s been 2 weeks ago. Surprisingly, I have not missed it (physically)- I have not had a single headache and I am able to finish my working day with more energy than before...
    So it is up to weather you had enough or not
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    I am oficial coffee addict: I drink Starbucks 3 shots of expresso on my way to work and than another 3 shots of expresso at lunch time. On the days when I happened to go out at night time ,I would get another tripple expresso skinny latte. I've been at this routine for past 5 years... Now I've reached the point where coffee was just a delicious drink but I did not get any boost of energy from it. I often suffer from headaches. I became very lethargic and tired all day long . On one of my trips to Starbucks, one of the newer baristas there told me that my body now completely depends on coffeine as the only energy source. It made sence to me and that was my last drink right then. It' s been 2 weeks ago. Surprisingly, I have not missed it (physically)- I have not had a single headache and I am able to finish my working day with more energy than before...

Have you tried Yerba Mate tea? I couldn't believe the energy boost I got from a single cup of that. I didn't have any headaches from it either. Though I didn't drink near as much coffee as you are talking about but.....
  • shorerider
    I am oficial cofee addict: I drink Starbucks 3 shots of expresso on my way to work and than another 3 shots of expresso at lunch time. On the days when I happened to go out at night time ,I would get another tripple expresso skinny latte. I've been at this routine for past 5 years... Now I've reached the point where coffee was just a delicious drink but I did not get any boost of energy from it. I often suffer from headaches. I became very lethargic and tired all day long . On one of my trips to Starbucks, one of the newer baristas there told me that my body now completely depends on coffeine as the only energy source. It made sence to me and that was my last drink right then. It' s been 2 weeks ago. Surprisingly, I have not missed it (physically)- I have not had a single headache and I am able to finish my working day with more energy than before...

SO YOU'RE THE REASON STARBUCK'S IS HAVING TO CLOSE SO MANY STORES! :wink: :wink:

I have a good friend who loves Starbucks--calls it "holy ground." :laugh:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    coffee is good for you in reasonable quantities and minus the foo-foo. It does have a minimal appetite suppressant and some AOX(the appettite supressent is only to sustain 50 less calories a day, and you have to drink it black, which I do) But cafinne has its benefits, and even if you have cardio issues its still decent for you. but for a health benefit the tea is crown jewel!!!!
  • neha
    Am from India. Ask me about Chai. My mom is addicted to Chai. It is taken in north India as people take coffee in west ot wake up. Evening snacks cant be complete without Chai. Well, as I saw in MFP, it has loads of calories. I try to avoid that too. Moreover, going to India after 2 days. I cannot resist the chai my mom makes. Anyway, will have fun. Don't believe I survived without coffee for so many days.
This discussion has been closed.