Chinese Recipes

Options
krwtvl02
krwtvl02 Posts: 31 Member
Does anyone have any low-cal quick Chinese recipes? I love chinese food but have a hard time making it. It almost never turn out right.

Replies

• Melisha82
    Melisha82 Posts: 243
    Options
    OH yes girl !! I LOVE this one

Sweet and Sour Chicken with Green Beans

ingredients:
    1 cup brown rice
    1 Tablespoon cornstarch
    1/4 cup sugar
    1/4 cup soy sauce
    1/4 cup white vinegar
    1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
    1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
    2 bell peppers (any color), seeded and diced large
    1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and halved
    5 scallions, thinly sliced
    2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    2 Tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts (optional)
    instructions:
    1. Cook rice according to package instructions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, and vinegar. Set aside.
    2. In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over high. Add chicken, bell peppers and green beans and cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add scallions, ginger and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes.
    3. Whisk soy sauce mixture, add to skillet, and cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Fluff rice with a fork. To serve, spoon chicken mixture over rice and top with peanuts if desired.
    Serves: 4
    Nutritional information: 447 calories, 8g fat (2g sat), 36g protein, 61 carbs, 5g fiber

and another girl on here posted one for veggie eggrolls

Vegetable Egg Rolls
    1 Package of Coleslaw Mix
    Green Onions, sliced
    Sliced Mushrooms, chopped & diced
    Zucchini, diced
    1 Can Bean Sprouts, drained

Soy Sauce
    Oyster Sauce
    Fresh minced garlic
    Fresh grated ginger

Egg Roll Wrappers
    ! Egg, beaten
    PAM Spray

For the filling:

Add all the veggies to the pot on a medium heat and mix for a few minutes until the veggies are warmed up. Mix the soy sauce, oyster sauce, garlic and ginger in bowl and dump over the veggies and mix well (just enough to saturate the veggies, don't have them floating in the sauce... I used about 1/3 cup of soy sauce and I skipped the oyster sauce.. if you use both, maybe do 1/2 cup of each). Set veggies aside to cool for a few minutes.

Once the veggies are cooled, fill your egg roll wrappers with filling and assemble (there are tons of instructions online on how to assemble an egg roll. It is even on the back of the egg roll wrapper). Be sure to use a little egg to seal the wrapper.

Spray a cookie sheet with PAM and line the egg rolls on cookie sheet. Spray the top of the egg rolls with PAM (just a little, you don't want to coat too much).

Bake on 350 for a good 25 minutes. You might want to broil for a few minutes too to get them crispy on top!

Each egg roll is only 73 calories and they are a pretty good size!
  • krwtvl02
    krwtvl02 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much Melisha
  • catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    OH yes girl !! I LOVE this one

Sweet and Sour Chicken with Green Beans

ingredients:
    1 cup brown rice
    1 Tablespoon cornstarch
    1/4 cup sugar
    1/4 cup soy sauce
    1/4 cup white vinegar
    1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
    1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
    2 bell peppers (any color), seeded and diced large
    1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and halved
    5 scallions, thinly sliced
    2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    2 Tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts (optional)
    instructions:
    1. Cook rice according to package instructions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, and vinegar. Set aside.
    2. In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over high. Add chicken, bell peppers and green beans and cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add scallions, ginger and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes.
    3. Whisk soy sauce mixture, add to skillet, and cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Fluff rice with a fork. To serve, spoon chicken mixture over rice and top with peanuts if desired.
    Serves: 4
    Nutritional information: 447 calories, 8g fat (2g sat), 36g protein, 61 carbs, 5g fiber

and another girl on here posted one for veggie eggrolls

Vegetable Egg Rolls
    1 Package of Coleslaw Mix
    Green Onions, sliced
    Sliced Mushrooms, chopped & diced
    Zucchini, diced
    1 Can Bean Sprouts, drained

Soy Sauce
    Oyster Sauce
    Fresh minced garlic
    Fresh grated ginger

Egg Roll Wrappers
    ! Egg, beaten
    PAM Spray

For the filling:

Add all the veggies to the pot on a medium heat and mix for a few minutes until the veggies are warmed up. Mix the soy sauce, oyster sauce, garlic and ginger in bowl and dump over the veggies and mix well (just enough to saturate the veggies, don't have them floating in the sauce... I used about 1/3 cup of soy sauce and I skipped the oyster sauce.. if you use both, maybe do 1/2 cup of each). Set veggies aside to cool for a few minutes.

Once the veggies are cooled, fill your egg roll wrappers with filling and assemble (there are tons of instructions online on how to assemble an egg roll. It is even on the back of the egg roll wrapper). Be sure to use a little egg to seal the wrapper.

Spray a cookie sheet with PAM and line the egg rolls on cookie sheet. Spray the top of the egg rolls with PAM (just a little, you don't want to coat too much).

Bake on 350 for a good 25 minutes. You might want to broil for a few minutes too to get them crispy on top!

Each egg roll is only 73 calories and they are a pretty good size!

I actually copied and pasted that into a word document so i could print it out!!! lolol
    Thanks for the tip!
  • thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    bump i love it but have trouble making it taste great