I had pizza....

tanniew78
tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
edited September 24 in Food and Nutrition
The thing with it is, I need some advice. I had ONE slice, technically. However, this particular slice was gigantic. Like, remember the old opening of Rosanne where they eat that huge pizza? JUST like that. Same look and everything. So.... would you count it as 1 or 2. I counted it as 2 in my diary, but I wanted to see what you all thought.

Replies

• ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    I would count that as two....
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    I would count that as two....
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Better to overestimate than underestimate. Go with 2.
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    2 for sure and resist the urge next time <3
  • dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Honestly, the fact that you are asking says you already know the answer. It would count as two slices. Don't beat yourself up over it. Get back on your program and do better tomorrow. You can do this!
  • xecila
    xecila Posts: 99
    Don't beat yourself up over it, but I would count it as two as well. I always try to overestimate.
  • tanniew78
    2 for sure and resist the urge next time <3

I believe in everything in moderation. Pizza is not a bad food. It is only so if you eat 5 slices. I am well satisfied with my (survey says!) 2 slices. :)
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    I'd consider it 2......or even 2 1/2 or 3.
  • TORNATO1
    TORNATO1 Posts: 52 Member
    Sounds like 2 slices. Don't worry about it, get in the gym and work extra hard. Congrats on your pizza, i'll bet it was awsome! I hope you enjoyed it by eating it really really slow haha.
  • Shaye85
    Shaye85 Posts: 107
    I would go with 3...and it always tastes good but is it worth the regret afterwards??
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
  • tanniew78
    I would go with 3...and it always tastes good but is it worth the regret afterwards??

Why would you think I regret it? I dont. Its not like I have pizza once a week or even once a month. I was asking opinions on slice count. Not whether i should feel guilty about even having it in the first place. The fact that I DID have it and stopped at that amount is good. In my old life I would have eaten half of it myself. And with the last few months Ive been having, maybe the whole thing. However, I did not. I am perfectly happy and full with what i had. Its a victory.

remember, what works for YOU doesnt work for everyone. i believe in everything in moderation. Can I eat pizza everyday or very often? No. And I know that for sure now. However, once in awhile wont kill my plan.
  • tanniew78
    Sounds like 2 slices. Don't worry about it, get in the gym and work extra hard. Congrats on your pizza, i'll bet it was awsome! I hope you enjoyed it by eating it really really slow haha.

I did eat it pretty slow. Slower than I normally would have. I think it really helped me to stop myself after 2 slices.
  • SaraEWrig
    SaraEWrig Posts: 88 Member

Why would you think I regret it? I dont. Its not like I have pizza once a week or even once a month. I was asking opinions on slice count. Not whether i should feel guilty about even having it in the first place. The fact that I DID have it and stopped at that amount is good. In my old life I would have eaten half of it myself. And with the last few months Ive been having, maybe the whole thing. However, I did not. I am perfectly happy and full with what i had. Its a victory.

remember, what works for YOU doesnt work for everyone. i believe in everything in moderation. Can I eat pizza everyday or very often? No. And I know that for sure now. However, once in awhile wont kill my plan.

I wouldn't regret it either. Good job for tracking honestly in your journal! I beleive everything in moderation too!
  • xecila
    xecila Posts: 99

Good for you.. and good job on showing restraint after those 2 slices. I'm a firm believer that you shouldn't forbid anything, or feel guilty.. If this truly is a lifestyle change, then you're much better off just saying "well, I'll do better tomorrow" than wallowing in regret over your choices. Regret turns into self loathing, and self loathing leads to binging.

So, again.. Good for you.
  • 3ur3ka
    3ur3ka Posts: 230 Member

I feel the same way about what I eat and how I eat. I've tried depriving myself of the things I like to eat before and I FAILED MISERABLY. If you don't treat yourself once in awhile you'll become bitter and b!tchy.

Tonight? I'm having a hamburger. WITH fries. That's right. I said it.

and to answer your question, 2 if it wasn't very thick. 3 if it was.
  • DS13
    DS13 Posts: 136
    I'm with you on the anything in moderation. It makes the process so much easier than limiting completely. Anyway do you have a food scale? It really helps me when it comes to things like this because instead of going by slices you could go by grams or oz to get a more accurate number. Works great for any other food also.
  • I would also have put it as two. I am like you on the everything in moderation, its okay to induldge a little once in awhile.
  • tanniew78
    I'm with you on the anything in moderation. It makes the process so much easier than limiting completely. Anyway do you have a food scale? It really helps me when it comes to things like this because instead of going by slices you could go by grams or oz to get a more accurate number. Works great for any other food also.

I dont have a scale unfortunately. The pizza place I get it from makes it like hand tossed crust. So its not thick pan pizza or thin crust. Somewhere in between.
This discussion has been closed.