Xbox Kinect Games

Options
Hi!

I want to buy a fitness-related game for the Xbox Kinect, something that will burn more calories than Zumba or Dance Central and I can't decide between "Your Shape" or "The Biggest Loser."

Anyone have a preference?? Pros and Cons??

Thanks!:smile:

Replies

• lynnseyt
    lynnseyt Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi!

I want to buy a fitness-related game for the Xbox Kinect, something that will burn more calories than Zumba or Dance Central and I can't decide between "Your Shape" or "The Biggest Loser."

• BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    We just bought a game called uncaged fighters, and it is not a typical workout game, but a fighting game, and let me tell you, it burns the calories, gets you heart rate going, and gets some fustration out as well.
  • lynnseyt
    Options
    I like Kinect EA Sports. I think it is better than Biggest Loser, from what I"ve heard. It also has a heart monitor, which is great!

[/quote]
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    God I break a sweat just doing Dance Central! lol
  • lynnseyt
    Options
    Sorry for all the wacky posts above...never posted on here, and not sure what I'm doing. lol
  • VermiciousKnids
    Options
    Dance Masters.
    If you think Dance Central did anything Dance Masters by Konami will blow it out of the water.

It's eurobeat music so it's very fast paced and had me sweating horrible after like...2 songs.
  • bluemoonrise
    bluemoonrise Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am going to get Dance Central. I would love to join a discussion/thread where we match up against each other for motivation. It will be fun!
  • MrsSanthoff
    MrsSanthoff Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I got the Biggest Loser and I dont care for it at all. I havent tried the other one, but the BL is hard to navigate through just to get to the workout. I love my Zumba though!! I am sure it would be so hard if I had patience!
  • CRH4701
    CRH4701 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have, and use, the Your Shape: Fitness Evolved and I have to say that I think the game offers a great mix of different styles of exercise. I only question the amount of calories it claims you burn while playing because after 45 minutes it's telling me I've only burned 170 calories. Hope that helps.
  • Lynn1987
    Lynn1987 Posts: 54
    Options
    haha - Don't get me wrong, I get a good sweat on with Dance Central too!! It's great for cardio!! I just thought if I had one of the other two games I mentioned, there might be something with a little more muscle toning in it or sometthing, lol I don't know.
  • GinoATC
    GinoATC Posts: 60
    Options
    I have biggest loser and EA active 2. I have also played My shape and kinect sports several times (my nieghbor has them). They are all similar in that they will all give you a pretty good workout and track your progress along the way except for kinect sports (its not realy a workout game).

Biggest Loser

My nieghbor bought biggest loser and ended up giving it to me because many of the exercises require ALOT of room which he didn't have. It has extras like recipes and "CHALLENGE" games like the in the show. Gives good feed back on how you are doing as far as form so you cant cheat.

EA Active 2

A more intense workout than BL in my opinion (the only one to make me hurt the next day) but doesn't have as good feedback so you can cheat or be doing exersices wrong without knowing. It is the only game with a heart rate monitor which is nice but a little bulky to wear. It also comes with an exercise band for resistance training. This one can be a little more expensive as i have seen it for as much as 100$ but you can get it for 60 or less if you shop around. I got mine a couple weeks ago at TOYS R US for 20$ so I would check there first.

My Shape Fitness Evolved

Very acurate body tracking and several different modes of play. This game has multi-player modes which the other previous 2 don't, although multi-player is still 1 at a time.

Kinect Sports

Fun to play but not realy a workout game although you will burn cals playing. Very good for multiplayer as you can play with 2 at the same time. Games are typicaly short only taking about 5-10 minutes per game so if you wanted to burn some cals you would have to play several games with a lot of down time between.

Overall for a workout game I would go with EA Active. If you are a BL fan I would go with that one. Otherwise you really cant go wrong. Hope this helps and good luck.
  • Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I have Dance Central, and Your Shape. I played Your Shape at a friends and got a good workout. (It's what made me want an xbox) I do have EA active 2 for wii, and it's good.

I looked at a lot of reviews on which games to get, and tried a couple at friend's houses before I decided. Does anyone have xbox live so we can go head to head? :)
  • Lynn1987
    Lynn1987 Posts: 54
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input!!! :smile: I ended up buying EA Active 2. I did it Monday and Tuesday and my calves have NEVER been so sore!! lol

I have xbox live if anyone wants to go head to head!