Does anyone have a low-cal recipe for cupcakes including ici

Options
krwtvl02
krwtvl02 Posts: 31 Member
Does anyone have a low-cal recipe for all kind of cupcakes including icing?

Replies

• KatherineVictoria
    Options
    Check out hungry girl cook books. They have cupcakes with icing and more!
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    I would like to know this too!
  • tiakxxx
    tiakxxx Posts: 1
    Options
    Here's 5 cupcake recipes that are a somewhat healthy alternative :)

http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/food-facts/5-cupcakes-that-wont-put-on-the-pounds.htm

hope this helps.
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I got this from a post last month, haven't tried it out yet:

1 box super moist yellow cake mix
    1 6 ounce vanilla lowfat yogurt
    1/2 cup natural apple sauce
    6 ounces water
    6 ounce chocolate chips

Mix well
    Line cupcake pan
    Bake at 325 for 20 min
    Serves 24
    125 cal each
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    box of vanilla cake mix, can of diet sprite... mix the two together (nothing else) and bake according to the instructions on the box, use any kind of frosting you can buy at the store.

This is the total cop out way, but it's SO easy and SO fast and they're SO good for about 130 cals (depending on the frosting you use)
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/exclusives/nutrition/curtis-stone-recipes/vanilla-cupcakes/

60 calories a cupcake as seen on the Biggest Loser!

Sorry...its just vanilla though...looks like the icing could be played with for different flavors.
  • calvarado
    calvarado Posts: 72
    Options
    I've made cupcakes using the box mix and a can of diet soda.. but not sure about a frosting...
  • Daisygurl7
    Daisygurl7 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I love the diet 7up/white cake mix!! SOO YUMMY and you can use light or fat free cool whip for frosting!
  • leahsevilla
    leahsevilla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    i bet if you used truvia instead of sugar it would help a lot too! Here are some more uber healthy recipes from Maria Emmerich, my nutritionist. She's AMAZING and is a perfect example of weight-loss without restriction:
    http://mariahealth.blogspot.com/search?q=cupcakes
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Google "Curtis Stone Biggest Loser cupcake". He uses honey and whole wheat flour to really cut calories. Also, I think he used egg whites instead of eggs and something instead of oil perhaps? Anyway, it's an easy recipe. I found it this way!
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    i box angel food cake mix
    1 can crushed pineapple

mix those two- nothing else- and bake. Super moist and yummy. Frost with cool whip.
  • melissatacker
    melissatacker Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I just use a box mix and the cupcakes are only 80 calories each before frosting :)
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    1 box angel food cake mix
    1 can crushed pineapple

mix those two- nothing else- and bake. Super moist and yummy. Frost with cool whip.

I've made this SEVERAL times and it is YUMMY!!! I've had requests to make this again and again, everyone seems to love it! And, it's super easy to make :)
  • michellewa
    michellewa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You can use any low sugar cake mix - no eggs or oil JUST DIET COKE or DIET SPRITE. It makes a wonderful light cake or cupcakes.:blushing:
  • TwilaG
    TwilaG Posts: 134
    Options
    These all sound wonderful! Thanks for sharing.
  • Metallisa
    Options
    These are awesome ideas! I've never heard of the mix + diet soda trick... will have to try that! Also the angel food cake mix + crushed pineapple sounds like a delicious summer treat! Nummy! ;
  • deal4321
    deal4321 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    1 box of cake mix
    1 can of pumpkin

I've tried chocolate & spice cake mix and both are so yummy!!!

Maybe add fat free cool whip for topping / icing? It was good as is and very moist.
  • michellewa
    michellewa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Really delicious Pina Colada cake. . . 1 box of Angel Food cake mix with 1 large can of crushed pineapple. Bake according to directions... top with cool whip and toasted cocanut and almonds. So sinfully good! :drinker:
  • duffylinn
    duffylinn Posts: 30
    Options
    This is how I made some:

1 box angel food cake mix
    1 20 oz. can of shredded pineapple bits in natural juices

mix together well, bake as box instructions tell you too.

For frosting I mixed fat free cool whip with vanilla fat free pudding mix (powder).

I think total each cupcake was around 180 cals? I could be wrong but it was super low :)