Why do I feel like a pig?!

Options
For example im on a 1200 calorie diet, I cycle back and for to work which burns around 400 cals & then go to the gym straight after work for around 40 minutes on the weights & burn off 300 cals which is leaving me with nearly 1000 calories for tea! so I have a big tea to try and use them up but just end up feeling like a pig! im always slightly under my target calories and always under on carbs, fat & protein but surley eating this much is not a diet!? :frown:

Replies

• mt73056
    mt73056 Posts: 40
    Options
    For example im on a 1200 calorie diet, I cycle back and for to work which burns around 400 cals & then go to the gym straight after work for around 40 minutes on the weights & burn off 300 cals which is leaving me with nearly 1000 calories for tea! so I have a big tea to try and use them up but just end up feeling like a pig! im always slightly under my target calories and always under on carbs, fat & protein but surley eating this much is not a diet!? :frown:
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    I see what you are saying but, all we're aiming for is a calorie deficit of 500 cals/day so all the cals you burn in the gym and cycling all have to be consumed.

Maybe try eating more at the other meal times so you don't have to eat loads for dinner?
  • eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    Options
    I agree with Al, if your doing that much exercise you may not be getting enough good foods. Burning up the calories with Tea is great if thats what your hooked on, but your body may need more than that.
    Try eating a decent size breakfast and lunch, then just eating a small salad with lean protein for dinner. Unless your ravenous dinner of course!
  • shashod
    shashod Posts: 103
    Options
    I think the MFP plan is more a lifestyle change rather than a a diet.

I agree with Al, try to eat more at other meals earlier in the day so you're not left with so many calories to consume towards the end of the day.

Unfortunately I have the opposite problem, I never have enough calories in a day and end up going over most day :noway:
  • mt73056
    mt73056 Posts: 40
    Options
    ok I understand what your saying about its more of a lifestyle change than a diet but will this help me to lose weight?
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    Yes, with the calorie deficit you are eating less cals than you are using therefore you will lose weight.

The times this will stop working is if the estimates of calories consumed or cals burned are incorrect.

Another factor to consider is if you don't eat enough you body will slow its metabolism to conserve energy.
  • eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    Options
    Just make sure you changing your origional weight too. When you set up your profile you were asked what your current and goal weights were....as you loose more weight you need to change it there too. Your allowed calorie consumption could change (meaning you need to consume more) and you might never know it.

Also try to burn up your calories with more fiber based snacks or good fats snacks instead of just tea. It gives your body something to burn and if feeds all those muscles you've been working so hard to build. :smile:
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    for some reason i feel like when he's saying "tea", he means a snack? haha... it would be absolutely ridiculous trying to fill up those cals by drinking 1000 calories worth of tea.

oh goodness, i just laughed a little... correct me if im wrong.
  • shashod
    shashod Posts: 103
    Options
    In the UK and Ireland some people call their evening meal their 'tea'
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    In the UK and Ireland some people call their evening meal their 'tea'

yup

and lunch dinner
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    ohh just noticed the profile picture is of the blues, I'm from Swansea, down the blues lol