Sugar

woolly16
woolly16 Posts: 5
edited September 24 in Recipes
I am really trying with my food goals and although I do really well at keeping to most of the nutrients required, my sugar is always over. Just the Kashi cereal and Milk i have for breakfast is over half my goal intake. Ideas?

Replies

• King_Bee
    King_Bee Posts: 275 Member
    I'm having the same issue with my breakfast shake. I adjusted the fruit I was using...adding a little of this...reducing to half a banana instead of a full one...it's helped some...it's a work in progress for me though.
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    i am having this issue as well...but there is a difference between processed sugar and natural sugar...fruits, veggies, dairy, whole grains are how you are supposed to get your sugar...my yogurt and dairy takes up a large amount of my sugar...but there is no way to distinguish that sugar from the other kind so...I don't know how to fix the problem if it is indeed one.
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    I have the same problem. I try not to worry too much about fruit sugar. Most of the sugar I get is from fruit. I try to alternate days when eat fruit just to make myself feel better. :)
  • skinimin
    skinimin Posts: 252 Member
    How bout you don't eat the Kashi cereal?? Have a vegetable medly instead or eggs without toast. Just go the supermarket and check the nutrional value on the breakfast foods then pick one with less sugar. Sorry but duh! haha
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    When logging in sugars, I do not worry about any sugars that come from fruits, vegetables, meats, grains or dairy. Basically any sugars that occur naturally are fine.

However, I do try to keep my added sugars low from things like: bread, cereal, yogurt (high fructose corn syrup, etc.), candy, and any other obvious sugars like in ice cream, chocolate, etc.
This discussion has been closed.