• sleight119
    sleight119 Posts: 125
    Options
    I did not know that
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    well when I had my tummy tuck done I did a whole head to toe Mommy makeover

I have my breast lifted and had implants put in, I had a full tummy tuck ( 15lbs skin removed) and lipo to my love handles and back

I was in the hospital for 3 days, and I had two drainage tubes one in each hip for two weeks. I slept in the recliner. my hubby had to bath me every day b/c u cant stand up straight, u cant reach ur hair to wash it b/c the tubes in u will pull and it hurts like hell

I had this done in may 07... I lost another 15 pounds once the swelling went down. I have a flat tummy now even with the fact I have gained some weight since then. My scar is faded and it runs right along my tummy wear undies go so unless Im totally naked u dont even see it.
    I would do it again anyday..
    however have at least 4-6 weeks to recover
  • Katz85340
    Katz85340 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! It's good to know what to expect! I'm having mine done sometime at the end of the year I believe. I wish I could have the full body lift; legs, tummy, breasts, arms, etc. ;)
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I get the same thing under my belly roll and my mom gave me a wound care cream that reminds me of desitin, that clears it right up too as well as repels any moisture! :blushing:
  • Manda_H
    Manda_H Posts: 80
    Options
    my husband and i both have battled this. I find that if i stick a paper towel in my bra to be between my boobs i wont get a yeast infection there. Otherwise i will... i have big breasts and wearing a sports bra with exercising etc holds in moisture and there is friction. A paper towel bunched up keeps it away. I wish i could stick a piece of paper towel under my belly roll and have that keep the yeast away there too lol but so far i haven't figured out a way to keep the paper towel put. My under arm yeast infections quit after getting rid of white refined sugar in my diet
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I love that as I am reading this there is an ad for Monistat on the top of my page!

LMBO....same thing here!
  • Soopermomma
    Soopermomma Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant my hurse told me to have a salt water bath, if I felt that I may be having that problem. Now, I occaisionally add salt to my bath just to stave off any growing yeast issues. Works well.
  • Denimgirl
    Denimgirl Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I love that as I am reading this there is an ad for Monistat on the top of my page!

Hahaha! I know a cure for unwanted ads...Firefox :)

I have found that taking a good probiotic helps me. Staying away from sugar will help too!
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    My dr always told me to take th blowdryer to that area after a shower to prevent that.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    note... u know to keep that info documented really well and after u loose all your weight, your insurance company may pay for a tummy tuck to reduce the infections.

when I lost all my weight I did this

I was thinking that too. I had heard that. Can't say I would want the yeast infections, but if you cant' avoid them, free tummy tuck is a good enough reason.
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options

lol mine too!

I think it picks words and uses appropriate ads. That is funny though.

LMAO! Me too... :bigsmile:

SAME HERE!! LMAO!! FUNNY!
  • Katz85340
    Katz85340 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My belly button is still red but not as bad. How long does it take for this thing to go away??