Eat more when you are alone?

Options
I sure do! Terrible habit, but I am tempted to binge the most when no one is home. Luckily this does not happen often, and I've been able to be good since I started my healthy food journey.
HOWEVER- my husband just left for a 4 day trip out of town...and I already find myself looking forward to what I can eat tonight when DD is in bed. :embarassed: And I only have 110 cals left....this is NOT going to end well!!! :ohwell:

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    It depends. Sometimes I binge, but more often, I forget about eating entirely. There's been times my husband went away for a weekend, and I'd forget to eat anything until evening.
  • emalay
    emalay Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am exactly the same! Although I don't look forward to what I am going to eat, instead I know that the munchies will come as they always do in the evening and without my hubby there to persuade me not to indulge I will give in and binge!
    My hubby is going away for a month and I am so afraid of those nights alone with my cravings!
  • Vtrembacki
    Vtrembacki Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I do! My fiance was going out of town for 2 nights this week, one night i had a hamburger and was sooooo looking forward to chinese the next night, but then he came home early (yay!) so I couldnt eat my chinese :( I had been planning it for days!
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I have that problem. For the past three years, my husband and I have been working opposite shifts so I've hardly seen him in that time. I found that the times he was home, I was much better about my choices because I knew he would make a comment about it. Now that he's home all the time though, I am finding I have a different food problem. He likes fattening foods, covered in cream sauces or cheese. I don't miss those foods when I don't make them but now that he eats here again, I cook some of those things and wind up eating more of it than I should. My biggest weakness is dessert...and he likes those to be around every night. So, in short, I am in trouble either way. lol
  • MMK72
    MMK72 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should plan your daggy exercise DVDs when he's not around like zumba or hip hop?
  • Purplegal
    Purplegal Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should plan your daggy exercise DVDs when he's not around like zumba or hip hop?

That is a great idea, but one I cant do right now...I injured my knee and have been unable to exercise...sigh. I miss it! (and the extra calories it gave me!) LOL