Healthy foods for Lunch and or Dinner?

Options
Good Evening everyone;

I was just wondering what you all are eating for lunches and or dinners that will help boots the weight loss calorie intake. My base level is a 1200 calorie diet.. I'm trying to maintain that.. if anyone has any good suggestions or recipes that would be amazing.

Thanks

Cheers Christina

Replies

• kate_newlifestyle
    Options
    Chicken+ salad or steamed broccoli or green beans
    I also like cottage cheese with a little bit of Greek yogurt. I always buy "friendship. No salt added"
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I keep a bowl of salad in the fridge. Its easy to throw into a container on my way out the door. I also keep black beans or kidney beans that have been rinsed in a ziplock to add for a bit of protien. For breakfast, i usually make a breakfast taco with some fiber source (kind of like an omelet in a tortilla). I make it the night before so I can pop it into the mic. before leaving the house. I'm at 1300 calories per day, and it still leaves me enough for a decent dinner with my family.
  • oceanrose78
    oceanrose78 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    There is no limit to what you can eat really - as long as it's healthy whole foods!

I take my calories and divide it to 400/400/400 each for a meal which then leaves for 100 calories for a snack (I'm eating around 1300 calories a day).

I think the most important thing is to keep enough variety in your fridge that you don't get bored. Make sure that you have plenty of fresh veggies, not only salad, but squash, peas, carrots, broccoli, etc. Keep fresh and frozen fruit, keep plain yogurt, and lean meats.

For cooking, I make a big recipe of something, and then eat it over time. Chicken breasts are really versatile, but so is lean (95%) hamburger, sirloin steaks, pork loin, fish etc. Don't just eat chicken all the time.

I typically eat greek yogurt with berries and protein powder for lunch, and cook for dinner. Then I take dinner and use leftovers for other dishes, even breakfast!

Just stay away from processed foods and you'll find that 1200 cals a breeze to stick to.