Wii Fit Question

Options
SoupNazi
SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
I've been using the Wii fit for over a month now and have been ignoring that it consistantly says that I am 7 lbs lighter than what my scale tells me. Mind you now, my bathroom scale is a dinosaur and I've been trusting its reading with a grain of salt. I am not sure which to believe.

For those of you who have a Wii Fit, do you have the same problem or is it pretty accurate with your other scale?

If, in fact, the Wii Fit is correct, then I have officially made my goal! I'm anxious to hear your answers.

Replies

• SoupNazi
    Options
    I've been using the Wii fit for over a month now and have been ignoring that it consistantly says that I am 7 lbs lighter than what my scale tells me. Mind you now, my bathroom scale is a dinosaur and I've been trusting its reading with a grain of salt. I am not sure which to believe.

For those of you who have a Wii Fit, do you have the same problem or is it pretty accurate with your other scale?

If, in fact, the Wii Fit is correct, then I have officially made my goal! I'm anxious to hear your answers.
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    i found this too, there are different options when you weigh yourself,

with 1kg of clothes, 2 kgs of clothes, and 0kg of clothes, which option are you using,

when i had all my clothes, i used the 2kg button

but then i used the 0kg of clothes, with nothing on (shhhhh)

and the two results were different
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    i found this too, there are different options when you weigh yourself,

with 1kg of clothes, 2 kgs of clothes, and 0kg of clothes, which option are you using,

when i had all my clothes, i used the 2kg button

but then i used the 0kg of clothes, with nothing on (shhhhh)

and the two results were different

Nothing?! HAHAHAHA....ok....I won't tell anyone.
    I always wear my same tee and shorts and usually use it at the same time of day.
    How much of a difference does your say?
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    not too sure, havent been using mine this week, but maybe 4 lbs or so, i dont get why there is such a difference?
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    the wii fit is fun, but I find the design of how it reads balance, weight, height and upper body movement a little off. I know there were several threads earlier about the wii fit, maybe they talk about your problem, soupy?
    I can't find them right now though, Im at work (sshhh dont tell)
    Anyway, 4lbs of clothes really isnt that much weight. Esp if you are wearing sneakers or shoes.
    Remember you have to account for a range of up to 5 lbs difference for water weight per day.
    Maybe the best way is to try it nakey and fully clothed in the same hour or so and get the difference that way?
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    the wii fit is fun, but I find the design of how it reads balance, weight, height and upper body movement a little off. I know there were several threads earlier about the wii fit, maybe they talk about your problem, soupy?
    Anyway, 4lbs of clothes really isnt that much weight. Esp if you are wearing sneakers or shoes.
    Remember you have to account for a range of up to 5 lbs difference for water weight per day.
    Maybe the best way is to try it nakey and fully clothed in the same hour or so and get the difference that way?
    You said nakey....LMBO.
    OR.....maybe I should ignore my scale and go with the Wii Fit number.:bigsmile: I think I'll do just that.
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    nakey indeed
  • aaubrey
    aaubrey Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You said nakey....LMBO.
    OR.....maybe I should ignore my scale and go with the Wii Fit number.:bigsmile: I think I'll do just that.

I don't have the wii fit (asked for it for bday in 2 weeks though) but5 I personally would go with the lighter weight:)
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    The Wii Fit sounds fun to me....I'll have to try it sometime! Maybe even Nakey! lol
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    You said nakey....LMBO.

I don't have the wii fit (asked for it for bday in 2 weeks though) but5 I personally would go with the lighter weight:)

:laugh:
    So you are with me on that one?!
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Since you are looking fabulous dahling, go with the lighter weight! Whoo Hoo you rock!
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    Since you are looking fabulous dahling, go with the lighter weight! Whoo Hoo you rock!

MARGIE!!!!:happy:

Thank you so much.:blushing:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options

I agree Jonell....you look amazing!!! (Growl!!!)...work it girl...work it like you know you can!!! :love:
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options

MARGIE!!!!:happy:

Thank you so much.:blushing:

You're welcome. Yeah, I'm still around here somewhere.....
  • ligytha
    ligytha Posts: 130
    Options
    I don't have a scale other than the WiiFit, but the women's room where I work has a scale in it. A very accurate scale, in fact, of the style used for weighing goods for trade. Who put it in the women's room and why, I don't know. I find the WiiFit to be accurate, but it all depends on what you say you're wearing.
  • SoupNazi
    Options

I agree Jonell....you look amazing!!! (Growl!!!)...work it girl...work it like you know you can!!! :love:

Why thanks, Ali. I sure hope that girl I stole the pictures from appreciates all these compliments.
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    I don't have a scale other than the WiiFit, but the women's room where I work has a scale in it. A very accurate scale, in fact, of the style used for weighing goods for trade. Who put it in the women's room and why, I don't know. I find the WiiFit to be accurate, but it all depends on what you say you're wearing.

SWEET!
    I knew it....I knew it!:bigsmile:
  • bonita87
    bonita87 Posts: 50
    Options
    i want a wii:frown:
    lol ,,, id go for the lighter weight 2 :P
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options

Why thanks, Ali. I sure hope that girl I stole the pictures from appreciates all these compliments.

right Jasper...I mean soup....right!!! he he he he he he...*haaack...weeze!* gosh darn it!!!! Mildred!!! get me some water will ya?!!! :grumble: