** I am a sugar addict...**

Options
2»

Replies

• JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    After years of Yo-Yo dieting by continually trying to give up sugar, then caving in and inge eating I have finally decided to 'give in' and accept that I have a sweet tooth, now, since last July I have substituted fruit for sweets, have occasional low fat chocolate treats such as mousse or dark chocolate and eat natural yoghurts which I add berries or honey too. Yes I am still having sugar, but I am no longer craving it because it is included in my daily menu & allowed, so therefore I still lose weight and have not 'sabotaged' my overall healthy lifestyle.
  • kfister
    kfister Posts: 22
    Options
    I have the same problem! I always want something sweet after a meal. I think I just like the taste of the sweetness to be what lingers in my mouth. The suggestion about crystal light was great. I find that a can of diet soda helps too. I also LOVE the fruit suggestion, it always works for me. Citrus fruits like oranges and pineapples are especially good for after meal sweets cravings because they are known for neutralizing unpleasant mouth odors. My friend who also has this problem will chew gum after meals.

I also suggest brushing your teeth after a meal. It may sound strange to brush three or four times a day, but it'll work until you kick the sugar habit. Think about it: how likely is it that you'll want to put something else in your mouth when you've brushed your teeth?
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    I also suggest brushing your teeth after a meal. It may sound strange to brush three or four times a day, but it'll work until you kick the sugar habit. Think about it: how likely is it that you'll want to put something else in your mouth when you've brushed your teeth?

I love this I may try it!! I can't do the fruit I know t is full of sugar but it doesn't have the satisfying effect as say a cookie or scoop of icecream!