Bad day

Options
ladybg81
ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
I don't know what got in to me today. I had a good, low cal lunch and I screwed it up having a small bag of chips. Then my son is in a mardi gras parade at school tomorrow and I went tonight to buy him some throws. Bought candy and some moon pies. I ate 2 freakin moon pies, It put me over my calories about 200. In 4 weeks, this is the first time I've gone over. I'm really disappointed in myself. I think I will work out twice tomorrow to make up for it. Very disappointed with myself...

Replies

• monkeyboy881
    Options
    hang in there girl tomorrow is another day its not where ya been its where your at and where your going keep your head up
  • Oshawott
    Oshawott Posts: 13
    Options
    Once in a while won't hurt ya =] we're only human and, in my opinion, definitely need a "screw up" day sometimes to remind us how bad we really want this.
    Just get back on track tomorrow, what's done is done.
    Stay strong xx
  • stlavsa
    stlavsa Posts: 1
    Options
    if its the geniunely the first time you went over in 4 weeks you should be proud of yourself. 200 calories isnt much you can make up for that easily with an extra few minutes of workout. I dont think you will find too many people that say you cant have a "cheat day" especially if its once a month, and only by 200 calzones.
  • Paigerina
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself. At least you're not in denial about it. You've identified the issue and recognize the mistake. I've gone over a time or two and while I get a little ticked at myself to start, I then remind myself: "Hey, at least I'm not eating like this ALL the time, and 200 over isn't so bad as 1200 over was before I started this!"
    :happy:
  • monicaP413
    monicaP413 Posts: 165
    Options
    We all have our bad days and fortunately you could eat over your goal by hundreds of calories and not gain a pound. It works both ways! If you were to eat under by 600 calories one day, you may not even lose a pound by the next day. Just don't do it on a consistent basis and you'll be fine. Also, don't beat yourself up about it! You did it, it may or may not have been worth it, and tomorrow will be a better day!!! :smile:
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    We all slip up from time to time....the only thing is not to let this slip up put you over the edge. Basically, don't use the slip up as an excuse to slip up even more. You really need to indulge a little from time to time. So don't worry about it...just continue with what you have been doing...you are entitled to a treat sometimes :)

Cheers
  • jrt9999
    jrt9999 Posts: 114
    Options
    Wow...Only over once, and only over by two hundred calories at that? That's awesome! I would be very proud of that. I go over by 500 to 1000 calories one day each week and I am still losing so you should be just fine.
  • jsheph1
    jsheph1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i bet you will have lost weight tommorow
  • ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself! You made it 4 weeks! U deserved those moon pies. One day is not going to hurt your diet! You can do it! Back it at tomorrow! One day at a time no worries no regrets!!!
  • jrt9999
    jrt9999 Posts: 114
    Options
    Also remember 3,500 calories = 1 pound. You would need to go over by 200 calories for 18 days or so to gain weight and since you are eating at a deficit daily already you wouldn't even gain weight then, you would just lose weight a little more slowly.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Moon pies.... sigh. I hope you enjoyed them, cause after 4 weeks you deserved a break day. And 200 cals isn't very much. You didn't go bezerk, you had a treat. YOU'VE EARNED IT!!!

BTW, when I hit the 50 lb mark, there's a piece of German Choco Cake with my name on it! Haven't had baked goods in 2 months.... figure 2 more weeks and I get a reward (my first).
  • EvilMomma
    EvilMomma Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I went over yesterday by almost 1,000 calories. I took a deep breath and let it go. This morning I woke up to a new day and a clean slate. No punishment, no mean thoughts, just a thoughtful and careful approach to what I ate all day. I've been doing this diet thing for years...this is a new approach for me and I think its one I can live with. Good luck to you!