I'm an old crippled woman!!

Options
Okay, so the subject was a lie. I'm not old, and I'm not a cripple. BUT I do feel like one today. I am SOOO sore just from doing two days of the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred dvd...and I want to die. I woke up and it felt like I had been attacked with baseball bats in my sleep. REAL bats , not the foam ones that little kids use.
If I take in a deep breath my sides/back hurts so bad , its actually laughable. Right above my knees all the way up to my thighs..OHHHH MAN, and my boobs hurt. Its like the..."This hurts so good" pain. I actually find that sentence SUPER creepy, but right now it works.

I always wonder if I should work out being this sore...or if its my body telling me it needs a day off. Then again, that sounds like a gnarly excuse. I DON'T mean it as one. I have no problem working out while sore, other then the fact that it sucks. I was just curious if it is good for my body or not...

Soo...suggestions please:)

-Donna!:)

Replies

• UnpredictablyPretty21
    UnpredictablyPretty21 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I work out when I am in pain especially if it is from the previous days efforts.
    Its fantastic that you are that sore lol.... It means you are doing a great work out.

However, make sure that its a good pain... Pe
    some people end up in pain from work out because they are doing it the incorrect way.

Good Luck though!!!
  • Marcellus_08
    Options
    :) thanks.
    Ya if it gets to the point where I'm crying cause it hurts, then maybe I'm doing it wrong haha. So far its the, "your body isn't used to this" pain haha.
    Thanks hun!:)
  • modubb
    modubb Posts: 22
    Options
    It's good to be sore... as in the sore that you feel like your muscles are getting stronger. At the beginning, there will be an initial phase, where it's the sore of "I didn't even know that THOSE muscles existed!". Gradually ease into a workout routine. And be sure to give yourself rest days. As in, you just did 2 days in a row, now take a day off. Also, try drinking a glass of dilluted apple cider vinegar- it helps (as long as you can choke it down!) On your next day, do a different workout- something more like yoga or pilates. The key to strength is flexibility, so be sure to incorporate those aspects into your routine!

And congratulations btw on kickin' butt already! I know Jillian always kicks mine!
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Okay, so the subject was a lie. I'm not old, and I'm not a cripple. BUT I do feel like one today. I am SOOO sore just from doing two days of the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred dvd...and I want to die. I woke up and it felt like I had been attacked with baseball bats in my sleep. REAL bats , not the foam ones that little kids use.
    If I take in a deep breath my sides/back hurts so bad , its actually laughable. Right above my knees all the way up to my thighs..OHHHH MAN, and my boobs hurt. Its like the..."This hurts so good" pain. I actually find that sentence SUPER creepy, but right now it works.

I always wonder if I should work out being this sore...or if its my body telling me it needs a day off. Then again, that sounds like a gnarly excuse. I DON'T mean it as one. I have no problem working out while sore, other then the fact that it sucks. I was just curious if it is good for my body or not...

Soo...suggestions please:)

-Donna!:)

Whenever I am really, really sore I opt for yoga or pilates to stretch out the muscles. Personally, it eases up that day and i can get back to it the next day ;)
  • Marcellus_08
    Options
    Diane that is actually a really good idea:) thank you SO soo much. That from now on will me my plan. :happy:
  • Debinapril
    Debinapril Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi,

You make gains during recovery when your muscles can grow. Your muscle soreness is due to you tearing the muscle fibres and they need to be repaired - it's quite normal so don't worry! My advice is to go easy today, take an anti-inflammatory and do some stretches. You'll be much better for it.

HTH