a little help please!!!

Options
well when i begain trying to lose weight on the 18th jan i started using MFP and aimed to lose 2lb a week ive never been able to do this and only managed to lose 1lb a week, bearing in mind i had a baby 7months ago and am aimimg to lose all my baby weight from previos pregnancies ive had 4 children. it gave me a target of 1200 cals aday, after reading something on here regarding targets i changed mine on MFP to losing 1LB a week it has put my cals upto 1340 aday and i have weighed in today and i have stayed the same? ive been losing a steady lb a week and now i have changed it ive lost nothing. shall i stick at what MFP has told me or revert back to the 1200 cals? confussed this weight loss lark is harding than it sounds!!!

Replies

• ricschick
    ricschick Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cathyv0409
    cathyv0409 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi Ricschick,
    Let me first say I am certainly no expert and just going by what I have read others post. If you don't have very much weight to lose it is very tough and maybe even unhealthy to lose 2 pounds a week. 1/2 to 1 pound is considered safe and healthy. Also, what type of exercise are you doing? It might help to try and change it up a bit. Are you drinking your water? Are you careful with your sodium intake? Finally, have you been tracking your measurements? That is sometimes a better gauge of your success than the weight on a scale. Hang in there!! Weight loss and getting healthy is definitely not an easy task. Maybe someone else will have better suggestions for you.
  • ricschick
    ricschick Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    over the moon to lose a lb aweek! as i want it to stay off!! lol
    at the mo im doing the clare nasir workout and using the wii fit(only had it since weds) along with walking to and from school, housework etc.