help a beginner : /

Options
Ive just started exercising these past week, ive been jogging 3 times 20 minutes alternating between walking/jogging, then ive been doing one of my dvds, 40 minutes low impact aerobics every day, ive been watching what i eat (not too much though cos i dont like to feel like im starving!!) and ive gained two pounds : / why ?! im about 5ft9 and weigh 14 stone so want to loose 2 - 3 stone but instead ive gained !!! is this muscle?

Replies

• sabrads
    sabrads Posts: 152
    Options
    Did you measure yourself before you started ? If so have you lost inches - that is a sign that you are loosing fat but gaining muscle.
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Are you watching your sodium intake? it could be water weight. give it another week and if it still doesnt drop maybe you should lower your calorie intake... And, as posted above, measure yourself every week. If you arent doing any weights then I doubt its muscle. You should have a deficit of 1000 cals a day to loose 2lbs per week, so log in all food and exercise into mfp and see what your deficit is. 3500 cals = 1lb of fat. hope this helps. :happy:
  • traceytoo
    traceytoo Posts: 163
    Options
    You should open your diary up - you can get some good advice from people looking at it - helps me no end.

xx:bigsmile: