Any tips...

Options
...on how to keep up with my exercise and eating habits when I leave work?! It seems as though the minute I leave here, I get home and eat everything in sight & sit on the couch for the rest of the night!! And I do SOOO well while at work ~ ANY help is appreciated!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• niquetoria
    Options
    ...on how to keep up with my exercise and eating habits when I leave work?! It seems as though the minute I leave here, I get home and eat everything in sight & sit on the couch for the rest of the night!! And I do SOOO well while at work ~ ANY help is appreciated!! :flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    With 3 kids, how can you have time to sit at all? :tongue:

Seems like they would keep you hopping.

Maybe find a hobby to keep you occupied and not thinking about food?
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    dont buy junk food
    keep a lot of fruit and prepared veggies around so when you snack its healthy.
    drink lots of water when you feel hungry,
    the body reacts the same way when thirsty and hungry
    if youre still hungry after a tall glass of high quality H2O, grab a healthy snack.
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    The first couple of months I kept the bad food out of the house. I know that is hard with kids. But mine are older and I do the shopping. In the morning put out what you would eat for dinner. Also, try logging before you eat it. You will be suprised at some of the calories kept me from eating a few things. Good Luck. :drinker:
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options

First....get off the couch. If I plop down on the couch and watch t.v., sure enough, 20 minutes later I want something to snack on as well.

Instead of sitting on the couch, do things around the house that need to be done. Once you get the energy to do one thing, you find more energy to do the rest.

If you have a dog, take the dog out for a walk.

Go for a bike ride (but not in the wheat or corn fields).

If you have a hobby......crocheting, puzzles, etc....do that if you need to relax on the couch to keep your hands busy.

Good luck!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Keeping unhealthy things on hand is the problem. If you sit all night and much on celery you wont do any damage to your weightloss. Go through your cupboards and get rid of all the junk (food banks alwasy need donations :wink:) and start snacking the right way! If your family keep bringing junkie foods in, keep getting rid of it. They'll eat what you prepare or they won't eat at all :laugh: and hey, they can always have their treats outside of the home. I've been living this way for over 3 months and my junk food junkie of a fiance is slowly getting used to it. :flowerforyou: good luck!
  • Crystal_Cherry
    Options
    hmmm

sometimes these things happen

ok try these things.. i do them myself

1- keep urself busy ( working or playing etc.)

2- spend time reading success stories on MY FITNESS PAL, or spend time in "help and motivation" forums (MFP helps a lot)

3-picture urself on how u will look like when u hv lost all extra pounds.

4-buy a pretty ,size 4, dress and keep it somewhere u can see most of the time u r at home ( may be besides ur TV) :bigsmile: lolzzzz

5-try using MFP diary to count cals of what ur eating...and keep record (dont buy any junk food)

6-lastly.. when u r eating junk or anything like that.. just think about how hard it has been to control urself a whole long day and how it will be wasted.
  • niquetoria
    Options
    Thanks...a lot! I knew I could get some good tips from this place. Now, to stick to it!! :laugh:

Yeah, my 3 kids do keep me hopping, but with a 14 year old daughter...she usually takes my little ones to the park, so she can see the boys. Guess I will have to start traveling with them ~ she is gonna hate that!! :devil:

I think my thing is when I get home, I want to relax...chill out a bit after a long day, I just chill out too much! GOtta stop that.

And I do have junk food in the house ~ not REALLY bad food, I buy pretzels and other "healthier" snacks, but end up eating WAY too many.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options

I agree take the youguns to the park to play, and join in on the kiddie fun, the playground can act as a gym....
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i have those days too--just do your best not to sit down until everything in the house is done by that time its usually 9pm for me i have 2 kids try to buys more healthy stuff to snack on and it wont be so bad

good luck
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    If your snacks are in single serving sizes it helps. I started buying single servings or dont take the box with you when having a snack, take out a serving size. It helped me:bigsmile:
  • niquetoria
    Options
    If your snacks are in single serving sizes it helps. I started buying single servings or dont take the box with you when having a snack, take out a serving size. It helped me:bigsmile:

Never thought about single serving size...thanks!!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

I agree take the youguns to the park to play, and join in on the kiddie fun, the playground can act as a gym....

I second that emotion!! Get out there and chase after those kids - they miss you when you are not around all day!! :smooched:
  • niquetoria
    Options
    Maybe the baby does, but I know my 14 year old doesn't...we butt heads WAY too much. And my 6 year old could care less, she is too busy running around with her friends! She isn't worried about me!