Help/Support Needed

Options
Kai85
Kai85 Posts: 440 Member
Hi!

I've been at the weight loss thing since the beginning of November and became serious about it in January. All up I've lost 8kg (about 18 pounds). Then the last four weeks nothing. I became completely demoralised even though physically I could see my body was changing. It's all a mental challenge for me I saw no loss on scales. I kept at it for the four weeks of no change.

I was doing well with staying within calorie limit and exercising. I started off primarily doing the C25K and alternating with other cardio (i.e., eliptical). I'm up to week 7 and have been doing the 25 min runs ok. I then added the 30 day shred and I was doing really well. Then I gave up after day 8. I've currently done no exercise for 4 days (the longest since I have started). I haven't logged my food for the last two days becasue to be honest it hasn't been wonderful.

Now I could say I have excuses but that's what got me into trouble to start with. I have a huge mental barrier with uni starting this week (I'm doing a masters of ed psyc and lets say the uni isn't the most organised which can make me stress combined with finding out I have to start my thesis this term!!!) and also having a job interview for quite a good job as well as working fulltime and tom is around the corner. I need to overcome these and at least commit to half an hour of exercise daily and to watch my cals and keep saying no to the cakes at work!!!

I guess in a nutshell I've jumped off the wagon for four days and I desperately need to jump back on. Any support with this would be wonderful!! I would also love some friends : )

Replies

• denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    WOW - you have a lot on your plate....and still managed to lose 18 lbs!! Congrats :)...so you haven't exercised in four days or logged your food in 2 days - you took a break...don't sweat it. Stress can play an major factor in your weight loss......

Forget about it and get back into the swing of things and you will be fine!! Everybody hits platea's (I excercised liked crazy in the month of December and besides the holidays ate really well and didn't lose a pound...in hindsight I am glad I didnt gain looking back at what I ate during the holidays :)...

As for the excerise, I have read it takes as little as 3 weeks for your body to get used to a certain exercise (a video, treadmill, etc.)....so possibly change it up...

Feel free to add me as friend if your looking for some support or advice :)....this system really works!
  • EmmaRankmore
    Options
    Hi Kai! :)

I'm a teacher who has completed two bachelor degrees at uni and I know the hours can be really stupid and it makes it hard to eat regularly - you find yourself just grabbing what you can when you can (which is almost never cause theres never any time lol) and so generally make fairly bad choices and eat too quickly and all that stuff.

I totally reiterate what the poster above me has said - you didnt fall off the wagon, you took a break. :) Breaks are okay!! Don't hit yourself over the head about it too much. Just keep remembering that you are making healthy lifestyle changes, which is for good - not just on a snap diet to lose weight quickly, which is never good in the long run. You're doing so well!!! I am jealous of your 8kgs lol - I've only lost 4, and I've been at it for what seems like forever lol (only really 8 weeks hehe) - but I have seen weeks where theres been no loss at all, and it can be really hurtful to see on the scales, I know. What I'm doing is taking regular measurements of my body as well - because sometimes when I dont lose anything on the scales, I lose half a cm round my waist or my hips and it makes me feel better to see SOME loss somewhere. :)

Hang in there mate, just keep your chin up - those nasty scales will be your friend sooner than you think :) Feel free to add me as a friend here if you like - I can always do with a new friend who's in the same basket as me :)

PS - Uni! Stressful! But you're doing such a great thing there too - and deep down, you know that - you don't need me to tell you that - not really. :)
  • izobel
    izobel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Take heart in the change in body shape! I always find there is a three month delay from starting to work out to seeing a real change but it is so great when it comes. Just ignore the scales for a week or two. Also, I totally don't exercise and eat everything I want for about a week every couple of months. Rests the body (I do a lot of running, cycling usually) and the eating might put on 3kg for the week but it's gone soon after.
    If you are desperate to stop nibbling at home put on a pair of really tight jeans. A tip from my niece and it works well ... too well in fact, my 10 year old non-stretch Guess jeans are too loose in the waist now although the thighs are pretty constricting ...
    Your life does sound really busy. Stick to the exercise if possible - it really gives you energy.

Good luck with the thesis!!!!!
  • Kai85
    Kai85 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    thank you so much for your kind replies!! I felt inspired today and went out and bought a new low calorie cook book (and in hindsight spent way too much on groceries!!!!) so hopefully that will help and I will get myself organised and back into exercising.

I also got fitted for bras and went down a size... yay. Plus I have bras that fit again : )