Hello from Australia, My Fitness Pals! :)

Options
Hello everyone :)

I've been lurking about in myfitnesspal for about five weeks, a friend of mine introduced me to the site and I'm finding it really helpful!!! Its fantastic how it tracks everything for me and keeps me on target.

So far I've lost 4 kilograms (about 9 pounds) and am hoping to lose another 25 kilograms (not sure how much that is in pounds, about 60 I think) in the next 10 months. Its hard going, I've been holding this weight for a long time and it just doesn't want to shift lol. But I'm loving feeling better and healthier, and I'm finally liking exercising a bit which is wonderful :)

I just wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading all the posts and the blogs here on this site - so many motivational people, so many people doing such a great job - so thanks very much for being here :) You remind me when things are hard, that I'm not alone and that I can do this - so thankyou. :)

xxx

Replies

• em_lou007
    em_lou007 Posts: 117
    Options
    Hello!!!! Nice to 'meet' you :smile:

Congrats on your first post!!
    I joined at the end of January after being told about it by 2 friends- I am totally addicted to the site :smile:

You've done extremely well with your weight loss so far and I am sure you'll get to your goal :smile:

keep up the good work and enjoy your weight loss journey and lifestyle changes

:drinker:
  • EmmaRankmore
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for the welcome!!

Its taking a bit longer than I want, but then again I'm a fairly impatient person - but being stubborn and impatient means I spend more time exercising than I thought I would - at the moment I'm burning about 700 calories a day which is really good. I'm loving my exercise bike - a present from my mum - I can vague out and watch tv and burn the calories at the same time lol :)

Looks like you're doing really well with your weight loss and lifestyle changes too!! Good work!! :)
  • Linda4859
    Linda4859 Posts: 78
    Options
    Hi

I joined with my two daughters at the end of February, my youngest daughter found this site whilst messing about on her phone, thank goodness she did, this site inspires us all and we are looking forward to losing the weight together.

Add me as a friend if you wish. good luck with the weight loss.x
  • em_lou007
    em_lou007 Posts: 117
    Options
    Hiya!!

I used to have an exercise bike and do the same - like you say it's great as you don't feel like your doing much but are still burning off calories :happy:

I now have a puppy and his cage sits where the bike should be but I walk him everyday instead which is great fun :smile: but alot less TV :laugh:

Parents are great at helping with weight loss aren't they? I convinced my dad to buy me a HRM as an early birthday and Christmas prezzie (my birthday is in November lol!) so I WILL be slim by my 30th Birthday :smile:

I've added you as a friend as it would be great to keep in touch and keep each other going

take care :flowerforyou: