bread and sodium

Options
4,800mg of sodium is apparently wat is in the bread im eating (2 slices) this is double my daily allowance already - does this sound right? x

Replies

• SeaShell33
    SeaShell33 Posts: 141
    Options
    that sounds crazy high! what kind of bread is it?
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    the really seeded one by kingsmill(?) x
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    That's on the label?
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Here you go the kingsmill website with nutritional details. 1 slice has about 1/2 a gram of salt in it

http://www.kingsmillbread.com/products/bread/seeded
  • SeaShell33
    SeaShell33 Posts: 141
    Options
    I havent heard of it, but I would do more checking if I were you and if it is that high I would change. That seems crazy high! good luck!
  • esrufer
    esrufer Posts: 4
    Options
    0.5 gram is 500 mg of sodium NOT 5,000! You're just off by a factor of 10. This makes a lot more sense.
  • Rupeedoo
    Rupeedoo Posts: 46
    Options
    really weird...i had that exact situation yesterday when I was helping my fiance... someone's put the wrong amount in that's all.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    It does rather illustrate the problem with duplicate items in the MFP database.

There are 3 different versions of Kingsmill Really Seeded:

Version 1: 118 cals, 0g sodium, 16g carbs, 3g fat.

Hmmmm, no sodium? Seems unlikely.

Version 2: 105 cals, 12mg sodium, 15g carbs, 3g fat.

Seems more reasonable.

Version 3 (called "really seedy") 118 cals, 2400mg sodium, 16g carbs, 3g fat

This looks like the source of the OP's problem! And obviously needs correcting (I'll copy this to the Technical section)

The Kingsmill website says 105 cals, 14.6g carbs, 2.8g fat, and.......0.12g sodium. Looks very like our version 2 above.
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    awww thank god!! I hadnt put it in - I just used one that was already there!!! xxx
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    It does rather illustrate the problem with duplicate items in the MFP database.

There are 3 different versions of Kingsmill Really Seeded:

Version 1: 118 cals, 0g sodium, 16g carbs, 3g fat.

Hmmmm, no sodium? Seems unlikely.

Version 2: 105 cals, 12mg sodium, 15g carbs, 3g fat.

Seems more reasonable.

Version 3 (called "really seedy") 118 cals, 2400mg sodium, 16g carbs, 3g fat

This looks like the source of the OP's problem! And obviously needs correcting (I'll copy this to the Technical section)

The Kingsmill website says 105 cals, 14.6g carbs, 2.8g fat, and.......0.12g sodium. Looks very like our version 2 above.

.12 grams = 120 milligrams, not 12