Cheez-It Junkie

Options
VegasBaby
VegasBaby Posts: 49 Member
I just started MFPon June 30th. I am a Cheez-it junkie. I LOVE THEM. I really don't think I can give them up but I can definitely cut back and just eat a serving size once or twice a week. My question is first is there any others out there? And second what do you guys substitute cheez it cravings with? Weird thing is I DO NOT like cheese?!

Replies

• VegasBaby
    Options
    I just started MFPon June 30th. I am a Cheez-it junkie. I LOVE THEM. I really don't think I can give them up but I can definitely cut back and just eat a serving size once or twice a week. My question is first is there any others out there? And second what do you guys substitute cheez it cravings with? Weird thing is I DO NOT like cheese?!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Darlin' I have no idea!! My husband would live off of Cheez-its if he could.....much to my dispair! I would love to throw the darn things out so I would stop munching them!!

You could look into the 100 calorie packs that seem to be everywhere now-a-days....there maybe a "Cheezy" substitute!

:flowerforyou:
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    What the heck is a cheez-it???
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway:

basically cheddar flavored crackers
    pretty delicious
    they look healthier than potato chips, but not so much
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway:

basically cheddar flavored crackers
    pretty delicious
    they look healthier than potato chips, but not so much

Thx....never heard of 'em, but they sound good.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    I won't buy them for that very reason...I also love the white cheddar ones.....I think the 100 cal packs are the best option if you need your fix! lol

hugs and good luck!
    Ali :drinker:
  • PrincessDesiray
    PrincessDesiray Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Well here is tid bit of news, cheez it is now in an 100 cal pack. I think a box of them is like 5 dollars and you can eat them slowly (it comes in preportioned little snack bags). Hopefully your local grocer has them for you.:smile:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I buy the white cheddar for the kids...I'm more of a sweets/chocolate person
    BUT If having 1 serving (I think it's about 150cals) will help you not feel deprived and over-eat..then I say go for it
    Make it your special treat for sticking to your diet the rest of the day/week

Kim
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I love Cheez-its but the reduced calorie ones (these are in the 100 cal packs too) are nasty to me. I'd rather just eat the real ones and count the calories.

You could just separate them into servings when you get them home from the grocery store and eat one a day or so. That would at least help you get your fix!
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I love them too. I will have to try the 100 cal packs. Having an open box in the house is too tempting
  • aaubrey
    aaubrey Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I feel the same about cheezits. I like the box that have the 2 flavors mixed. I can and have sit and eat almost a whole box. I just dont buy them. I try to avoid the whole cracker aisle. What I buy instead is the flavor blasted gold fish100 cal pack. I think they taste better than the reduced fate cheezits or their 100 cal pack.
  • Jes21sica
    Jes21sica Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Kashi has cheddar crackers that are kind of similar to cheez-its. Honestly their not as good...they taste a little drier and less salty. But there worth a shot. There better for you and maybe they could satisfy your craving.
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    flavor blasted gold

Cheez-its are bad mkay?

But these BLASTED (literally) Goldfish are SUCH a weakness!!!

:grumble:

That yummy, sticky, salty, cheesy, flavorful powder that they put on these things......... I could just buy a whole bag and .....

OMN NOM NOM NOM NOM....... :smokin:
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    you ladies are speaking my language over here... not only am i chocaholic, but i am charged guilty with love for cheesy, salty, goodness... mmmmmm
  • aaubrey
    aaubrey Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    flavor blasted gold

Cheez-its are bad mkay?

But these BLASTED (literally) Goldfish are SUCH a weakness!!!

:grumble:

That yummy, sticky, salty, cheesy, flavorful powder that they put on these things......... I could just buy a whole bag and .....

OMN NOM NOM NOM NOM....... :smokin:

That is why thank you lord they made blasted 100 cal packs WOOOO!!!!
    I had to explain to my husband that
    A. You have to suck the cheese powder off each one before eating it
    B. It is not a cheese craving/addiction....It is a cheese flavor addiction...totally different...:laugh:
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    You have to suck the cheese powder off each one before eating it

This is true. :wink:
  • VegasBaby
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! I didn't even think of the hundred cal packs but I really am a sucker for the duoz cheez its (two flavors-one box) maybe I will just separate them into "portion controlled" sizes after I buy them. I also may try the Kashi ones....thanks for your help/support!!! damn cheez-its!!!!

PS I too am a sucker for the blasted goldfish, but for me those are more dangerous! they are smaller in size so I eat them by the handful!!!!!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Thx guys - I have managed to keep from opening the super - large sized - mega box of Cheese Its we bought at Costco "for the kids" for 3 weeks now. D*mn. Now I want Cheese Its so bad I am drooling all over my keyboard. At work and everything!! LOL

Oh, well. At least I'm at work - can't go bust open the box and pour down the hatch like I want to!! :laugh:
  • carrotstick
    Options
    I LOVE Cheez-its! ohhhhhh why did you even post this topic? I am now craving them!

cheez-its and an ice cold pepsi and I'm in heaven....

NO NO...stay on track

stay. on. track.
  • jlr1115
    jlr1115 Posts: 11
    Options
    I love Cheez Its too! A big weakness. I ended up buying the snack size reduced calorie packets. They are 150 calories. A little more than the 100 calorie packs...but I was just eating two packs of the 100 calorie ones plus these aren't quite as expensive. For some reason, when I open a big box I just eat the entire box within a couple of days. I should try dividing into serving sizes when I get them, but I guess I'm just too lazy.