size USA vs AUS vs UK

Options
evertongirl
evertongirl Posts: 120 Member
Can anyone clarify what the size difference is between the US / Aus / UK - if its a USA size 10 its what elsewhere??

Replies

• k_wills
    k_wills Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    In the UK your size 10 is our size 14 (a 2 size difference)
  • Star1ing_Dar1ing
    Options
    HOW I WOULD LOVE TO LIVE IN THE US SO THAT MY CLOTHES LABELS APPEARED SMALLER !!!
  • Star1ing_Dar1ing
    Options
    HOW I WOULD LOVE TO LIVE IN THE US SO THAT MY CLOTHES LABELS APPEARED SMALLER !!!
  • evertongirl
    evertongirl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    im in australia - what is aUS size 10 here??
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options

In the US they only fuel the delusion that we are smaller by putting different labels on things. It is actually kind of ridiculous.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
  • LornaW
    LornaW Posts: 27
    Options
    Austalia is the same as UK as far as I know...
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    In the UK your size 10 is our size 14 (a 2 size difference)

Really?! Note to self: Do not holiday in England until you are at least a size 8 (USA size 8 that is). LOL!
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    The size differences are different from store to store within Australia too.

My fiancee is always saying things like "size 16 at shop A is size 12 at shop B".

As a guy I don't envy women's clothes sizes. Menswear sizes are based on actual measurements like inches or centimetres. The numbers are not arbitrary like they are for women's clothes.

That being said just because my jeans at 122 (cm) it doesn't mean I can buy size 122 pants without trying them on. The fit and cut of the pants can make a difference to comfort and fit when you buy spot on your size.
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    The size differences are different from store to store within Australia too.

My fiancee is always saying things like "size 16 at shop A is size 12 at shop B".

As a guy I don't envy women's clothes sizes. Menswear sizes are based on actual measurements like inches or centimetres. The numbers are not arbitrary like they are for women's clothes.

That being said just because my jeans at 122 (cm) it doesn't mean I can buy size 122 pants without trying them on. The fit and cut of the pants can make a difference to comfort and fit when you buy spot on your size.

If you really think that men's clothing is based on actual measurements trying buying a pair of jeans. Than measure the jeans and then your waist, you will see about a 6-10 inch difference. At least that is the way it is in the US. Kind of lame they do that as a marketing tactic so we don't have to buy 'bigger numbers'.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options

If you really think that men's clothing is based on actual measurements trying buying a pair of jeans. Than measure the jeans and then your waist, you will see about a 6-10 inch difference. At least that is the way it is in the US. Kind of lame they do that as a marketing tactic so we don't have to buy 'bigger numbers'.

It must be different in the US then because I've never had an issue