is it harder to lose baby weight............................

Options
.............................than normally gained weight? x

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    No. Weight is weight.
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I sure hope not because all the weight I gained was mostly baby weight :embarassed:
  • findingabetterme
    Options
    I dont think so fat is fat ...but after 3 pregnancies I found that with the first 2 my body repsonded better to the exercise I was doing the weight came off as soon as I started trying to make it. With my 3rd pregnancy I was exercising and eating well and it was a few weeks before I got any response from my body. Hormones, age, breast feeding or not all contribute. But fat is fat...it will come off when your body releases it.
  • erinkelly2
    erinkelly2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It is harder because you are so busy taking care of the baby that you barely have time for yourself. Good Luck to you.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I don't think so, but there are more things that happen than just gaining weight when you have a baby. Your body changes so you just might not be in the same size as before.

I know for me, I didn't gain much weight before I had my girls. I gained a little but never felt too terrible about it. NOW I seem to have an easier time gaining and a hard time losing. I had not tried to lose weight before kids so I can't compare, but I sure have an easier time gaining weight - sadly.
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    four years later and still fighting the last 30 pounds:( Good luck to us!!!!!
  • ckitlinski
    ckitlinski Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My personal experience is that it is easier to lose baby weight for several reasons. You lose a good amount of weight automatically in the first month or so. Also, if you are breastfeeding that burns up to 500 calories per day. I also became more active after a baby as I could no longer come home from work and just sit on the couch and watch tv. You are constantly moving around with the baby, especially as the baby gets older and starts moving around.

It is harder to find time to workout so that is an adjustment and you just have to find the time and energy! Also, you have to be careful on eating. It's so tempting to just eat out because you have no time! As long as you make smart choices you'll be fine. Good luck!
  • ricschick
    ricschick Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It is harder because you are so busy taking care of the baby that you barely have time for yourself. Good Luck to you.

defiantely i have 4 children so it can be hard have to do all my exercise while there at school, wonder how il do in the 6week holidays lol