Suggestions for Low Impact Exercise

I wonder if anyone can advise me as to the best (ie, most effective!) low impact exercise? I injured my foot a few weeks ago and have been unable to exercise at all (hell, I couldn't even walk for the first couple of weeks!) I know that my fitness levels will have dropped dramatically because of this. I feel that I am ready to get back to the gym but don't want to overdo it and make it worse. I am thinking of using the pool and doing some weights until I can get back to my usual programme. Has anybody got any other suggestions? Don't think I'm quite ready to get back to 30 day shred just yet lol :smile:

Replies

• cathyv0409
    cathyv0409 Posts: 230 Member
    Those sound like good ideas for low impact. How about the elliptical or bike if you can't stand on your foot long enough to be on the elliptical?
  • DOTY1
    DOTY1 Posts: 97
    Water Arobics, I tryed then last week I had no idea that you can sweat in a pool.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    I wonder if anyone can advise me as to the best (ie, most effective!) low impact exercise? I injured my foot a few weeks ago and have been unable to exercise at all (hell, I couldn't even walk for the first couple of weeks!) I know that my fitness levels will have dropped dramatically because of this. I feel that I am ready to get back to the gym but don't want to overdo it and make it worse. I am thinking of using the pool and doing some weights until I can get back to my usual programme. Has anybody got any other suggestions? Don't think I'm quite ready to get back to 30 day shred just yet lol :smile:

The pool is perfect!! The best physio offices have a pool for exercise. The weights are a great thing to keep up the muscle tone.

How about recumbent bike? IDK how bad your foot is, or what type of inj. But the recumbent bike is low impact and not much pressure
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions, will give them a go over the next couple of days x