Looking for supportive friends and I can be one too!

Options
Hi, my name's Amanda and I'm new to this site. I love running, and competing in races and triathlons. Problem is, I also love food!!

My daughter just turned 16 months old and carrying around the extra weight from having her is getting old... I am over it and so ready to get rid of it! I'm getting married at the end of May and would love to be down to 140. My end goal is 130 but I'm taking this in steps. Since I'm not too far off my goal I know it may take a while to get from 140 to 130.

Losing weight will help me feel better about myself, look better, and be a better athlete! I'm looking for friends to help me, and for me to help along the way! =)

Replies

• tonisteedley
    Options
    Good Luck... Friend me if you like... We have almost the same goal. I want to get to 138. So I have about 10lbs to go...
  • Mjanegranger
    Mjanegranger Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda would love to be a supportive friend to you to help you loose weight. I started off at 163.5 and am down to 154.5. It is a life style if you want to keep it off. My goal weight to is 130 pounds. I am taking 10 pound increments at a time so that works best for me.. I did my first ever 10K walk. Never competed in any races before. I turned 50 this past year and know that walking and running are great for getting into shape. Am rooting for you to get down to 140 by your wedding. Congratulations on your wedding and your baby.
    Mary
  • street_wi
    street_wi Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks ladies! A 10k is no small feet so congratulations! It's always a challenge to lose that last 10-20 pounds so good luck to all of us working together to get it gone for good! =)
  • ljbrauer
    ljbrauer Posts: 62
    Options
    Hi there, Amanda! I'm working on a relatively small goal as well, but I know how much of a big deal it is for us! I would love to have another friend to support so I'll friend you! :]