Scheduling exercise?

Options
I think I am going to start doing that...because the only way to ensure that I get it done is to plan for it like I do everything else. I'll just treat it like an appointment that I can't break. Does anyone else "schedule" their exercise time, or do you all just do it when you can?

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to start doing that...because the only way to ensure that I get it done is to plan for it like I do everything else. I'll just treat it like an appointment that I can't break. Does anyone else "schedule" their exercise time, or do you all just do it when you can?
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    It's the second task I do every day. First, I deliver newspapers & then I'm home & exercising. That way-it's out of the way. After a little while, it became routine. How is your boo boo?
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I usually do my exercises at 8:00 p.m. while I'm watching the O"Reilly Factor. Except now my daughter and I just started going to the gym on Tuesdays and Thursdays so we have that exercise time after work.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    It's the second task I do every day. First, I deliver newspapers & then I'm home & exercising. That way-it's out of the way. After a little while, it became routine. How is your boo boo?

The top of my foot is still bruised but I'm able to walk on it a little more now.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I have a standing 2:30 M-F with my coworker to head to the gym. We adjust where needed, but it works well. I even created an exercise calendar with the cardio and strength training exercises we will be doing daily.
  • PrincessDesiray
    PrincessDesiray Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym every morning at 9am when the daycare center opens for my kiddos and I do a class and or workout for an hour. So I guess I have it scheduled.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    The alarm goes off everyday at 5:30 and I put on my shoes and go. Which shoes and which exercise depend on the day. The key is to not think until you have your shoes on, otherwise all is lost. There is something about being done and feeling successful by 7 that is really motivating.