This is a question for the pals who makes it a priority to w

Options
I know that we all have a goal of total calories to burn for the week, but do you shoot to burn more than your goal? If so, what do you shoot to burn each week? I think I should up my amount. Do you plan to burn a certain amount per day or what exactly and what's the amount?

:smile: Thanks for your input!

Replies

• quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I don`t have a goal per day, but generally when I go to the gym I try to burn at least 500 calories to make it worth my while, and on days I don`t go to the gym I make sure I go for a long walk!
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I don't specifically try to burn a certain amount of calories each time I go- but I always go over my MFP goals. I'm heavier, so I try to burn at least 500 each time I do cardio (at least 40 minutes).
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/182467-3500-calories-burned-challenge-2-28-3-6

There are a few groups that shoot for a burn per week. Just a personal goal. I adjust my goal depending on how crazy me week is going to be. I like to exceed my goal on some weeks. I track my burns with a heart rate monitor.
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I try to shoot for 3500+ a week which is equal to pound. Each workout I try to burn at least 700 calories that way I know I have gotten in a good workout for me.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I aim to burn at least 600 a day basically because I usually eat about 1800 calories so this would be give me my 1200 net.