ech mall food...

Options
FitJoani
FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
I was bored today so I hit the mall to walk around cause its kinda humid and I already lifted pror, but I figured id "do lunch" there, and of all the choices subway was the best but for the life of me I couldnt understand the kids english so I went to another place, evil evil EVIL nasty Taco bell. It was the least of the "evils" so speak, unfortunately its empty calories, but as alwasy I had my diet pop with it(why put in more calories) But I am going to whole foods tonight so I can mange on some real food!!!!

Replies

• FitJoani
    Options
    I was bored today so I hit the mall to walk around cause its kinda humid and I already lifted pror, but I figured id "do lunch" there, and of all the choices subway was the best but for the life of me I couldnt understand the kids english so I went to another place, evil evil EVIL nasty Taco bell. It was the least of the "evils" so speak, unfortunately its empty calories, but as alwasy I had my diet pop with it(why put in more calories) But I am going to whole foods tonight so I can mange on some real food!!!!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    I hate mall food...especially those chinese food places...the meat is all processed and gross...to me anyway...but man it smells good! lmbo

we have one place called sparro's which usually has a decent salad bar, but I don't' know why...I hate even eating at that...something about teenagers prepping and making my food...lol....I brought up my step kids and I know what they are capable of plus all those 80's movies about kids working in mall eateries...LMBO...so I think that keeps me from indulging!

subway would have been my choice though...even though mmm tacos sound amazing!

hugs and have fun shopping at whole foods!!!

Ali :drinker:
  • king4ar
    king4ar Posts: 25
    Options
    I just had dinner at the mall yesterday, too. This is also an uncommon thing for me. I had "Yummy Japan" and had teriyaki chicken, white rice, and some sushi. This came to 646 calories! That is a lot for me. The only reason it doesn't bother me... I planned it out. I knew I would have to be at the mall for dinner that day so, I saved up the calories for it. Planning is my best bet, always. This way I knew I would be able to choose without being too choosy.
    Good Luck and PLAN!
  • FitJoani
    Options
    I hate mall food...especially those chinese food places...the meat is all processed and gross...to me anyway...but man it smells good! lmbo

we have one place called sparro's which usually has a decent salad bar, but I don't' know why...I hate even eating at that...something about teenagers prepping and making my food...lol....I brought up my step kids and I know what they are capable of plus all those 80's movies about kids working in mall eateries...LMBO...so I think that keeps me from indulging!

as a personal rule I NEVER EVER eat a salad that I did or a coworker did prepare. I have been through my county's health cert class, and I know to play it safe. I know I do, cause I am paid to and I am concious of it, but I did get a horrible case of food poisioning off a salad(the punk kid probably used a raw meat knife on it) so as much as it is healthier, I would rather take the calorie blow, cause once in a while it will not hurt me, but if I get food poisioning I am out of commission for like two days or so!!!! I will have more than fun at whole foods, too bad the clientele is well a lil stuck up(its in the rich part of the city)
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options

as a personal rule I NEVER EVER eat a salad that I did or a coworker did prepare. I have been through my county's health cert class, and I know to play it safe. I know I do, cause I am paid to and I am concious of it, but I did get a horrible case of food poisioning off a salad(the punk kid probably used a raw meat knife on it) so as much as it is healthier, I would rather take the calorie blow, cause once in a while it will not hurt me, but if I get food poisioning I am out of commission for like two days or so!!!! I will have more than fun at whole foods, too bad the clientele is well a lil stuck up(its in the rich part of the city)

Okay, this is really, really gross. Several years ago I watched a show where they had hidden cameras in different places. One was Pizza Hut. They had the camera focued on the girl kneading dough, who then proceeded to put her hands down her pants, SCRATCH, and then continued kneading dough with her bare hands.

That always helps me from indulging! :sick:
  • FitJoani
    Options

Okay, this is really, really gross. Several years ago I watched a show where they had hidden cameras in different places. One was Pizza Hut. They had the camera focued on the girl kneading dough, who then proceeded to put her hands down her pants, SCRATCH, and then continued kneading dough with her bare hands.

That always helps me from indulging! :sick:
    I hear ya. I work in that field(I WOULD NEVER EVER jepordize anyones health or my own) but some people have no decency or care in the world. But sometimes crap happens, literally. One time we had a huge virus spread(not thru us in the kitchen) and my cook called me he sounded sick saying he wasnt gonna make it, and we went in and sanitized EVERYTHING he touched and threw everything away, and thank god we did cause my other cook and I both got it two days later, so we did the right thing by preventing another outbreak. I was miserable for 24 hours it was the worst 24 of my life to date. I was in soo much pain, I would never take any disregard to safety to have to go through that again(or infect the oldsters), its just laziness on the behalf of those workers
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    ullll!:sick:

ya that's what I think of...things like that...or food falling on the floor...then having it served....yuk!

I worked for a function hall for many years and still do sometimes part time as a waitress for weddings etc...and the cooks when I was younger thought it was funny if you came back w/ food that was not to the patron's liking to do something gross to it....I got into a fight w/ one because I wouldn't bring out the prime rib they threw on the floor and then back on the grill because I said it was too raw....

(I've always been a do good-er LMBO) but how many kids would care....I hope lots! lol....AND for that matter...I usually don't send my food back or complain....just in case!!!

OH and I'm not saying all places are like this...or even all teenagers or food service workers etc...just I've seen some horror shows and that keeps me from eating out a lot! lol
    (probably for the best!!!)

hugs!
    ali
  • FitJoani
    Options
    ullll!:sick:

ya that's what I think of...things like that...or food falling on the floor...then having it served....yuk!

I worked for a function hall for many years and still do sometimes part time as a waitress for weddings etc...and the cooks when I was younger thought it was funny if you came back w/ food that was not to the patron's liking to do something gross to it....I got into a fight w/ one because I wouldn't bring out the prime rib they threw on the floor and then back on the grill because I said it was too raw....

(I've always been a do good-er LMBO) but how many kids would care....I hope lots! lol....AND for that matter...I usually don't send my food back or complain....just in case!!!

OH and I'm not saying all places are like this...or even all teenagers or food service workers etc...just I've seen some horror shows and that keeps me from eating out a lot! lol
    (probably for the best!!!)

hugs!
    ali
    no not all are I envision the mommy and daddy making the spoiled brat work types to be like that. I am young for my job very young infact. I was granted the sous chef position at 21 and have maintained it with dignity since