Oh Noooooo :O(

Options
I am new to this an today I just notice because I pre added my daily menu for today's breakfast & lunch only - (no snacks or dinner were added) that my suggested protein went negative! Whaaat? :noway: but I didnt even have supper or snack?? (whahh) :sad: and the total # is lower than the previous days?? What the heck am I going to do/eat.... I ditched the mid am yogurt which did put me back in the green by 13 (protein) This is so hard trying to figuring out a menu plan according to the numbers.... Any happy positive suggestion to the topic noted would be so greatly appreciated.... :wink:

I currently have this left for the day --> : 685 calories / 96 carbs / 25 fat / 13 Protein

Weight 156.8
Height: 5'3

Replies

• WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    Options
    Going over on protein is not going to hurt you as much as if you were over on fat or carbs or sugar. I wouldn't worry if I were you.
  • Rupeedoo
    Rupeedoo Posts: 46
    Options
    everyone goes over protein...for some reason it's set waaay too low.
    You'll be absolutely fine if you keep cals, fat and sodium down...oh and keep an eye on the carbs.

If I were you I'd change the protein count to something more practical. I've got saturated fat on instead....much more useful!
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I think protein is set to low in my opinion I wouldnt worry bout it :smile:
  • darwintheboxer
    Options
    everyone goes over protein...for some reason it's set waaay too low.

Ahem, not everyone. I struggle to get my protein up as I am a vegetarian. Some days it is easy (greek yogurt & black bean soup on the menu) others I need a protein supplement if I have any hope of getting the recommended protein.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you want to change your % goal for protein so you're not going over (i feel that MFP protein goal is set way too low) you can do so by
    Click Home..goals... change goals... custom option. click continue change percentages, I've got 40% carb, 30% protein and 30% fat for mine.
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I have my settings at Carbs 40% Protein and Fat at 30% and I have a hard time reaching protein goal. Always under.