How can you possibly "be good" all day?

Options
Hello,
Just having a really hard time with not eating what I shouldn't be, with drinking too ofter (its summer-lots of phone calls to meet on patios) and I can virtually SEE myself getting bigger and bigger and I just can't seem to say NO.
How do you get that extra little bit of motivation?

Replies

• Doina_Smecicas
    Doina_Smecicas Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Just having a really hard time with not eating what I shouldn't be, with drinking too ofter (its summer-lots of phone calls to meet on patios) and I can virtually SEE myself getting bigger and bigger and I just can't seem to say NO.
    How do you get that extra little bit of motivation?
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Log meals ahead of time and stick to what you log.
    Drink low cal/carb beer,
    clear liquor like vodka and gin is "better for you" than dark liquor like rum and whiskey/bourbon.
    use diet soda as mixers.
    Maybe eat dinner before the patio visits. You can be too full to eat the bbq and snacks and drink less.
  • Doina_Smecicas
    Doina_Smecicas Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hmm....Thats actually a great idea with logging your meals before eating them.....
    Thank you
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    treat yourself daily, I dont mean go crazy and down an entire pizza but think on a small scale, like a pice of dark chocolate, it helps to eat healthy wholesome real food all the time and your bod will not crave the junk, cause if you do eat it it will in a sense reject it. but save a lil calorie room and savor your GOOD treat I always push the dark chocolate, cause I love it and its great for you.
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Some rums are clear and have low cals too :wink:

I *always* log my food in a day ahead, and haven't (yet) ventured from that list. Sometimes I might eat extra fruit or nuts just as a snack so I make sure I have about 200 cals under my daily limit for that wiggle room. Half the time I have a certain meal planned out all week (like breakfast, eggs today, cheerios tomorrow, fruit the next...) just because I know I'll be home for every breakfast and I can eat that. And, really, I don't need my breakfast to be different all the time, I am ok eating Cheerios and a banana for every breakfast if I wanted.

Also, on the nights I am going to be drinking I will log in like *4* drinks as part of my dinner or whatever. Plus, I used to drink cool, unique expensive beer, and now it's MGD lite (eh, it's beer) and it's the lowest cals (64) and lowest carbs (0).
  • Tiradora
    Tiradora Posts: 14
    Options
    Quite frankly i am having the same dilemna...pool parties and bbq's only equal trouble for me. Not sure about drinking actually, as i am a partier and i have noticed on my log, just a couple shots of vodka takes up a lot of calories. Some good advise in this thread...all you really can do is try your best to stick to it...if you deny yourself, you will more than likely go overboard and get discouraged. Logging the meals first and trying to stick to them is a good start...
    I'm not a beer drinker so i won't even go there...it seems on this log alcohol takes a lot, try to keep drinking limited and weekends only. Or maybe one drink per night. Stay away from the sugary mixes...one of those is like a big mac meal in calories.
    Know that you might go over 1 hundred or less calories and find some activity to burn it off.