I've eaten too many calories already what should i do?

Options
Ok I'm new to this whole thing and today I got bought lunch from burger king, I thought it can't be too bad i'll just log it after i've eaten. It's nearly all my bloomin daily calories - just on lunch :(

Now I've learnt from my mistake... but what is the most sensible thing to do - exercise to get more calories so i can have dinner... or just not eat till tomorrow? I'm guessing it's the first option - and this is what i'll rather do or else i'll be starving later, however i wanted the advice of some more knowledgable people first!

Thank you all xxx

Replies

• Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would work out as much as you can to burn off that BK...
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    gym it upppp
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    workout!!!!
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Seems like you have the right idea already.

1st thing is to learn. You now know that burger king is packed with calories (not to mention unhealthy fat). Same goes for all fast food. Avoid tehm as much as possible.

2nd, going to the gym is a good idea. Work off some of those calories you just ate!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Yes, exercise if you can and just eat light and healthy the rest of the day. Don't starve yourself tonight. Just chalk it up to "oops", drinks lots of water to flush the sodium and get right back on track!
  • christinehay78
    christinehay78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Work out! Not eating until tomorrow isn't a healthy option. Drink lots of water too so you can flush out the sodium from the fast food.
    Tomorrow's a new day! Goodluck xx
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Get to the gym and burn it off =)
  • oxnina
    oxnina Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Most definitely try and work out and at least burn 300 calories and have a light really healthy dinner like maybe a salad with chicken in it? You have to learn from your mistakes sometimes right? I always ask for nutritional information or i search online if i know i'm going somewhere. But if it's spur of the moment, i tend to get something healthy like a salad or a grilled chicken burger or veggie burger
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I would exercise, eat a light, healthy dinner (chicken breast and salad, chicken & veggie wrap, etc.) and I would also accept that fact that you may be over your goal for the day. If you exercise and are able to end your day only 100 or 200 calories over, then you're golden. Remember - just because you're over a little doesn't mean you've undone all your work. Unless you're over by your whole deficit amount, then you're still ending the day with at least a small deficit (check your goals page to see what daily deficit MFP is giving you).
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm new to this whole thing and today I got bought lunch from burger king, I thought it can't be too bad i'll just log it after i've eaten. It's nearly all my bloomin daily calories - just on lunch :(

Now I've learnt from my mistake... but what is the most sensible thing to do - exercise to get more calories so i can have dinner... or just not eat till tomorrow? I'm guessing it's the first option - and this is what i'll rather do or else i'll be starving later, however i wanted the advice of some more knowledgable people first!

Thank you all xxx

either the first option, or option 3, eat small healthy snacks the rest of the day and go over your calories by a couple hundred and start over tomorrow.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Exercise and earn some calories is what I would do, but I am not the type that likes being hungry the rest of the day. If you go over one day, don't worry it won't ruin everything, smile tomorrow is a new day :)
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I made the same mistake a week or so ago (also with BK)
    I busted my butt with my workouts in order to eat dinner
    i suggest working out.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Work out bigtime! And learn your lesson...........keep away from BK...and McDs.......and KFC......and........:sick:
    We all make mistakes....it's how we learn....

Remember....tomorrow is a new day - never too late to start over....

Sue :smile: x
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of water to get rid of some of that sodium.

Exercise and make healthy choices. Protein and lots of veggies.

This is going to happen, track it, learn from it and move on.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Workout.
    Drink lots of water to flush all that major sodium out from BK.
    Eat lots of good stuff for the rest of the day (example: veggies.....I would probably go raw as much as possible too...but that's me)
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I say don't beat yourself up over it! Your new (so am I) You will learn just as I am. If you're really serious I would say def get in some exercise a few times a week. Why not start today! There are some things you could eat for dinner so that you stay closer to your calories. I am no expert though but you may want to just eat a bowl of cereal or something. Kellog's Special K is a good cereal to eat.
  • mellywellymoo
    mellywellymoo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Definitely go to the gym. If some where local does a spin class maybe give that a try it's possibly the quickest way to burn calories. I burn around 900 calories in an hour class. If you've never done it before go for half an hour. It's addictive when you see the results!

:o)
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Most definitely exercise and earn so more, even if you don't have time for that you still need to eat something. One day over your calories wont harm your efforts as long as you get back on track tomorrow. You may also want to try logging everything before you actually eat it this helps me to stay away from a lot of stuff I don't need.

I was going to have Burger King the other day till I logged in a Whopper with cheese and saw it was over 600 calories UGH! And I use to love whoppers! lol
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Yes...exercise. When you do go to a fast food place try to eat your sandwiches with no bun. I do this at Arby's and it reduces the calories by over 300. Fast food will getcha every time!! Don't worry ....tomorrow is a new day!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    As stated either or both are fine. I fast for 24 hours once or twice every week, and have researched fasting a fair amount. There is nothing wrong with it. You have eaten your calories for the day, and physiologically your body does not care if they all come in one meal or more than one. Psychologically, you, especially if you are new at this, may require another meal so working out would not be a bad idea to burn off some calories. Either way, you have learned your lesson. I think we all run into this at least one time, usually more.