Really? It's just never good enough is it?-vent

Options
13»

Replies

• mowrynation
    Options
    You are right! This is a safe place for everyone to share. Encouragement shouldn't be a slap on the hand!
    You keep the faith!
  • bellamia88
    bellamia88 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Glad someone brought it up! I'm getting annoyed with some of the comments I get from people on here. I'll make a post without even asking advice or anything and next thing I know it's "oh you should try this not that" "well i've been doing this and it works it doesn't look like you're follow __" etc First off READ my post and see what i've said before answering. Funny story i've been doing this for 3 years now and have been successful sometimes more days than others, I was studying health for a bit at university I think I know what's good for me and what's not even though i've slacked off a bit in the past which halted my progress I KNOW what to do and now i'm ready to really take this seriously and get through the last bit of weight I want to lose, therefore I came here to get support and motivation from others here, not get nit picked on when I never asked for it. However if I asked for advice then have at her.
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    . the funny thing is, most everything i eat is homemade but i use a lot of the fast food entries to mimic calorie amounts. i admit i am a lazy logger - why breakdown and enter 7 items when 1 is 'close enough' for me?

I do the same thing.. I figure that the important thing for me is that I log, but there are so many things that are hard to log and I would rather try to find something that seems about right, instead of just using "quick add calories". So on any given day if you look at my diary, you'd think I ate at 3 or 4 different restaurants. :laugh: My sister does the same thing but I still fall for it - like the other day she logged "movie theater popcorn", and I said "oh - you went to the movies?" (she hadn't...).

Anyway, pretty much no one ever comments on my diary, even though I have it open to everyone. Mostly I think it is pretty boring. But I am definitely not a health fanatic and I need more than rabbit food. I agree with everyone who comments about how it has to be something you can live with forever, not just for the short term. The proof is in the pudding (sorry! :blushing: ) - I have been using this sight for more than a year now and I am still here. Many of my "friends" have come and gone - some within just a week or so of joining. :grumble:
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    YEP!!!
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I think this goes for all aspects of ones life,whether your dieting or trying to figure out what you wanna be when you grow up.its your life and no one lives it but you and at the end of the day when you lay your head down you and only you have to be ok with the choiced you have made for that day.
  • ameaston22
    Options
    I hate when people insult your personal food choices. There is no perfect diet that works for everyone. Each person should find what works for them. My friend looks down on me because I still drink one soda a day. I just cannot seem to cut them out entirely, but I am losing weight so I am not going to beat myself up about it. I have realized that it's better just to do your own thing and if it works, awesome. If it doesn't, then you can ask for advice from whoever you want.
    4648248.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • pouringraina
    pouringraina Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Just be who you are, and eat what you want to eat. Because getting healthy has to start with you and be about you first and foremost. Forget the haters :grumble: