Are you a tough mudder?

Options
http://toughmudder.com/

I do not think that i am.

Replies

• alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Nope, not yet. I'm planning my first mud run in May and SUPER excited, but tough mudder status is still beyond me! Maybe next year, lol.
  • patrickobrien01
    Options
    I may try it in PA. this year in June. Looks hard and fun!!!

Patrick
  • RatBoyGL
    RatBoyGL Posts: 100
    Options
    A bunch of guys at work signed up for this event and I was like, eh, nah. Not my thing because I am so out of shape.

All you need to see about the Tough Mudder: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoETo0rUslA

More of the guys at my job signed up for a much shorter one, called the Spartan Race. http://www.spartanrace.com/
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    That looks like so much fun!!! I would try it!
  • jerseyshorenurse
    jerseyshorenurse Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yes! I've done the spartan and the warrior. They were fun. This year I want to do something that's really an accomplishment. All in!
  • blessedmommy2x
    Options
    Nope... Although it does look fun & challenging! MAYBE when I reach my goal I can give it a try- the shorter one (3mile Spartan ones)
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I am doing a 5k mud run this month, but I just don't think I could ever do this tough mudder. There is snow!!! I live in San Diego, i don't do snow
  • blessedmommy2x
    Options
    I am doing a 5k mud run this month, but I just don't think I could ever do this tough mudder. There is snow!!! I live in San Diego, i don't do snow

Thats AWESOME!

I still have a LONG way to go before I am in the shape I need to be... but once I get there (and I will ) I can not wait to do some of these challenges- especially the ones that will benefit charities!!!
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Mine is 10k but I really wish it was only 5. I would be confident of making good time in a 5k. But it just looks like so stinkin much fun that I don't even care if I come in dead last (well maybe I would, but.....) I just want to have FUN getting dirty! lol
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about doing the one in North Texas in October. Sure looks like a lot of fun!! It depends on my tri schedule at that time but if I don't do the Tough Mudder this year, then I'm definitely doing it next year!!
  • LMac423
    LMac423 Posts: 82
    Options
    I trained for it and was ready to do it this year but I got shut out of registration...full before I could get in. I was so mad!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I live very close to the location for the PA one... And I've already injured myself hiking in that area, without racing or extra mud. :laugh:
  • knewbill72
    knewbill72 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    This year I will be! Headed to the one in Virginia in October! This is a reward for me losing my weight..how twisted is that?!
  • amandalc980
    Options
    I trained for it and was ready to do it this year but I got shut out of registration...full before I could get in. I was so mad!

What kind of training do you do for it? Run with a midget on your back with a battery tied to your nipples shocking you while you run in the puddles after a rain with a rabid dog chasing you?

Ok.. At first I thought this was just an insane run, but the more I look at it the more I want to sign up... where do I find a rabid dog?
  • 0flynnstone0
    Options
    So I just looked this up, and it looks like something only an insane person would put themselves through, but for some reason it also looks like something I really wanna do!! (and I've always pegged myself as the sane type)
    There's one in colorado in June, but I don't think 4 months of preparation would cut it for me. Maybe next summer?
  • RatBoyGL
    Options
    Like I said above, a bunch of guys at work did this just yesterday in Georgia.

I am not posting this picture to make fun of anyone. I am posting this pic to show that normal folks like you and me do this thing and come out just fine.

KUDOS to the girl leading this group of tough mudders. She is not a muscle head or anything like that.

Just a normal girl with the 1,000 yard stare of determination in her eyes.

Photo by Brant Sanderlin.
    tough_mudder.jpg
  • kadye
    kadye Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    They're really fun. My husband and I do one every year in Columbia, SC. The proceeds go to military families. You don't really have to be in any kind of great shape to do it. Last year there were people in costumes, really old ladies, etc. I suspect there were even more than a few drunk people. It's just super fun and for a good cause. I always feel like a little kid again when it's over. It's not often that adults get to play in the dirt.
  • RatBoyGL
    Options
    Yea, after seeing a lot of pics, it seems that you have to wait in line at the obstacles.

That probably gives you time to catch your breath if you are out of breath.
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am doing one with my fiance in November! I can't wait it seems like it will be such an accomplishment! We are going p90x now to get in shape and closer to the event I will try and increase the running. How is everyone training?
  • amandalc980
    Options
    I am really counting on the lines as a nice break from the run. I figure the run looks like it is never more than three miles at a time, then you get a break.

Still doing Jillian Michaels, hockey and random running exercises to get ready for it.