Fashion finding...

Options
FitJoani
FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
I am a big fan of the fasion shows on TV(like what not to wear, and stuff not that americas next top anorexic oops model) and they always emphasize that a good pair of designer jeans will make you feel and look great. I wondered into "Lucky's) and they were having a KILLER sale, meaning half off everything and 25% off that sale. So I stayed in there for about a half hour talking with the gal who works there(there were also more knowledgeable and helpful than most) so I decidedit is my baday weekend and I am gonna treatmyself to the jeans. I settled on a pair that cost 110 dollars. Before you all start gasping for breath and clutching your chests, hear me out PLEASE!!!!! They were half off, bringing them down to 55 and 25 on top of that bringing them to 41 and some change. They are also made right here in the good old USA so I have no worries of mistreated child workers or anything, they are the faded look sorta as well so they are very in and cute, but more so I am sooo happy after all that I CAN shop in a regular store, I am LONG out of plus sizes and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• FitJoani
    Options
    I am a big fan of the fasion shows on TV(like what not to wear, and stuff not that americas next top anorexic oops model) and they always emphasize that a good pair of designer jeans will make you feel and look great. I wondered into "Lucky's) and they were having a KILLER sale, meaning half off everything and 25% off that sale. So I stayed in there for about a half hour talking with the gal who works there(there were also more knowledgeable and helpful than most) so I decidedit is my baday weekend and I am gonna treatmyself to the jeans. I settled on a pair that cost 110 dollars. Before you all start gasping for breath and clutching your chests, hear me out PLEASE!!!!! They were half off, bringing them down to 55 and 25 on top of that bringing them to 41 and some change. They are also made right here in the good old USA so I have no worries of mistreated child workers or anything, they are the faded look sorta as well so they are very in and cute, but more so I am sooo happy after all that I CAN shop in a regular store, I am LONG out of plus sizes and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Good for you. A good pair of jeans is well worth it. Especially if you can get a great pair at such a low price. Happy Birthday to you! :flowerforyou:
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    good for you!! we all deserve good pair of jeans and at that price why the he** not. walmart charges 20 for crap jeans that dont fit well.

you go girl!!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Nothing feels better than a really nice perfect pair of jeans. It makes you feel 'all American' in a way.
    (I know, corny) Makes the cost (if you splurge) way worth it!!

And when they fit perfectly, not too tight, but not too 'baggy', that's even better.

I haven't owned a pair of jeans in 3 years. I've just been so disgusted with the size of my *kitten*, I've veered away from them.

In two months, when I've lost 10 lbs(?), that'll change. :wink: :smile:
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options
    a good pair of jeans does make all the difference. my favorite pair costs $175 but they make you look and feel so amazing! seriously, try on a pair of citizens... i like them so much i got 3 pairs.
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    WOW! What a great bargain! It is smart to buy a good quality pair of jeans that will last you so much longer than a cheap pair.... but to get such an amazing discount... even better! Yay for you!

Congratulations on your weight loss... you deserve those jeans! Have a great birthday weekend!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I've always wondered if pricey jeans really looked better (worth the $$)...I, personally, just can't justify spending over $100 on a pair
    I'm not a big clothes/shoes person...I spend my money on hair/skincare...I think everyone has their weakness :)
    I think you got a GREAT deal though on your jeans and if they make you feel good and look great...worth every penny!

Let's see some pics!
    I have a lucky's outlet store by me..maybe I should check it out

Kim
  • Tiradora
    Tiradora Posts: 14
    Options
    When in doubt...treat yourself. You've worked hard and totally deserve it. Happy B-day :)
  • FitJoani
    Options
    thank you all for the bday wishes. I think it is owed to me to have a super cheat day. My BF and I are gonna hit this place called Primantis for probably the most famous sandwich in the burgh. Its got your meat your (vinagarette slaw) french fries all on tosated bread. It sounds a lil gross but seriosly its delicious it has been over a year since I had one. I have no idea how many calories are in it but it can not be a nice number, cause the sammiches are huge to beet. Throw in an IC light(to make the burgh experience complete) and I may just eat a days worth of calories in that sitting.