STUCK!!! Any Suggestions?

Options
I lost very steady for 3 months, and hit my goal. I switched to maintence and was not as careful with my diet, and have put back 3 lbs. so the past 3 weeks i have been doing better on my diet, and working out everyday(which i always do) but the scale has not budged! Any thoughts? I keep my cals between 1350-1950 ( i try to do the zig zag approach) but at the end of the week i average about a 1700 per day, which after my workout and daily activity is under my daily goal. The weeks i am cut calories extreme for me leads to excessive binging one or two days, then im totally off track! Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!!

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    You might want to reconsider how realistic it is to stay perfectly at that goal number. It's actually recommended that we have a goal range - people rarely stay at one goal weight - it's natural to bounce up and down within a range. Check this post out: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/181080-mfp-s-most-common-user-pitfall-to-avoid

I'd say just keep eating healthy (so NO extreme calorie deficits, especially since you're at or near maintenance weight), exercising and your body will do its thing.
  • jrm29
    jrm29 Posts: 39
    Options
    What do you do to work out? Cardio is awesome for initial fat loss but once you hit that plateau, it really helps to add strength training to your exercise. You probably won't see significant weight loss the first week or so because you build muscle, but in the long run the scale will start moving again! If you already do strength training, just try switching things up for the next few weeks and doing cardio and toning exercises that you've never done before - try out some new machines at the gym! It can kickstart your body back into weight loss. Good luck!! :)
  • Mandy2003
    Options
    I dont know if this will help but on the calories page I plan my day backwards what I might eat for dinner,lunch,snack,breakfast, with my calorie goal in mind so i plan my whole day before i eat it!
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    you measuring yourself?
  • mommabear2002
    Options
    When doing the zig zagging I dont think your average should be that high for the week. Did you use the caluclator on the site to determine what you should do or is this your creation?
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
    There is the site just in case you dont have it. Also, zig zagging may not be what you need right now since you werent so careful, maybe you should stick to your daily requirement plus your excerise calories. Then if that doesnt help switch back to the zig zagging.
    Also many people think they should eat their excerise calories when zig zagging calories. Well on the site you enter how much you exercise and it will change your calories for you, so I would just stick to the number unless you do some extreme workouts.
  • bigmommagreg
    Options
    Everything in moderation. When you have that certain craving. Let yourself enjoy a few bites. If you deny yourself that is what is causing you to binge. Even throw in a couple jump squats into your workout to even out those extra calories you consumed that day and your good. Keep in mind what you are consuming and if you able to work it off and if those extra calories are really worth the extra effort needed to burn those extra calories. Good luck and don't forget to add those jump squats into your workouts as well as some other high intensity moves to really up the burn on your workouts. Try getting to an 8 on RPE scale at least every 8 to 10 minutes for at least 45 seconds to 1 minute of your workouts and keep the rest of your workout at a level 5 or 6. Good luck!
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! My workouts are cardio and strength training...i do turbo jam, slim in 6, P90X, run, i like to mix it up alot. I'm sure i shouldnt be overly concerned...i just feel like i was there, i want to get back! However 3 lbs is not the end of the world ;) Just wanting suggestions on what you thought..oh and i haven't measured in a while, i am going to do that first thing in the morning, thanks for the reminder!!!!