Eating out

Options
Okay, I'm a 6' 5" man weighing in at 350lbs...I've just started and I'm trying to lose 110 pounds. I usually bring my lunch to work, but I am forced to go out for lunch today. A salad isn't going to cut it so I'm wondering, what are my best options? I saw where a Chick-fil-a sandwich is only 430 calories...and other ideas? I could use the help! Thanks in advance!

Replies

• sunburstmo
    sunburstmo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    a small chili and plain baked potato from Wendy's is under 500 calories. Or you can get a turkey sandwich from subway and bag of baked chips(hold the mayo and lots of veggies). If you have time for a sit down meal the Applebee's under 500 calorie meals are really good.
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich

Side Salad

Fat Free Honey Mustard Dressing

This meal ends up to be about 420 calories- add a bottle of water or a diet soda (which I do not drink) - and you can do well. Chik fil a is one of those places you can eat well and stay right on track!
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Careful with Applebees under 550 calorie meals. They may be low in calories, but they KILL you in sodium!!
  • dimoul
    dimoul Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    footlong turkey or blackforest ham sandwich from Subway. Spicy mustard with all the vegetables and vinegar. No cheese. It's 600 something calories, but you can check Subway's website for the exact amount. Plus most of the sandwiches are already entered here in MFP. On days that won't cut it, get the oven roasted chicken breast for 900 something calories. I'm 28 pounds down from 289, so I'm also a big guy (but not as big as I was!). I go to Subway a lot. It's awesome - cheap, you can count the calories easily, and filling. I'm getting teased at work about being the next Jared.
  • mama_mia3
    mama_mia3 Posts: 66
    Options
    Are you eating at a nice sit down restaurant? a buffet style restaurant? or a fast food joint? You'll be surprised at how well you can handle yourself in these kinds of situations...especially if you are 100% committed to staying on track. It would be wise just to browse through the food database and just click on foods to see what MFP has them listed for. That's what I do. I'll be doing the same on Sunday. Going shopping with my cousin/best friend and eating out at least twice that day. Will have a list prepared from all the restaurants and fast food places we 'might' visit and then I'll be prepared to order sensibly without doubting how many calories this is or that is...and just enjoy the day!! Good luck!! You can do it!!