This isn't for your loved ones!

Options
This might sound like a chastising, but it's not.

YOUR HEALTH IS NOT FOR YOUR LOVED ONES! It's not for your spouse. It's not for your kids. It's not for your parents. It's not for your best friend who died.

IT'S FOR YOU!

That being said, we have all sorts of other areas where we can draw motivation. It might be all of those things in the paragraph above, but if those become our core purpose for getting healthy, we will be disappointed. DW or DH will not notice as often as you like. The kids might talk about your belly. Your best friend isn't coming back.

This has been a major shift for me in the last month or so that's new for me. I've had to OWN this process in order for it to work. I love getting compliments from my wife, but that's not the REASON I am doing this. It's just a nice benefit.

Have a wonderful Friday, and keep at it!

Replies

• kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    AMEN! same thing goes for support! You can have all the support you can get (I.E. MFP) but if you are relying solely on them, it wont be a complete change. You gotta do this for you, and it has to be enough that if the door were to close and you had noone you could still continue doing it for you.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    AMEN! same thing goes for support! You can have all the support you can get (I.E. MFP) but if you are relying solely on them, it wont be a complete change. You gotta do this for you, and it has to be enough that if the door were to close and you had noone you could still continue doing it for you.
  • nana_of_8
    nana_of_8 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree, my husband always tells me he loves me just the way I am when I complain about my weight, which is sweet but...... I'm overweight and not healthy so it's not good for me, and I don't love me when I'm overweight. So I'm getting healthy for me and I know he'll love me just the way I am then to!:love: