Looking for friends with fitness goals

Options
Hi! My name is Rebecca. I'm 26 years old from Virginia and I'm in the US Navy. I love to run and am currently finishing up week 3 of P90X which I love. I want to get more involved in home fitness as I've found it to be a lot more effective than the gym ever was for me. I'd also like to be a better runner and improve my flexibility and core strength, not to mention pile on a little muscle too.

My goal is to get down to my pre-Navy weight of 127. For some reason, when I joined, the big life change really changed me too because I put on almost 30 pounds in two years. By exercice alone I got down to around 140 but could not budge from there. I always thought since I ran a couple times a week I could eat/drink whatever I wanted.

This site proved me wrong. After five weeks of calorie counting here I've lost almost 5 pounds and surprisingly found it really easy to cut out almost all fast and fried foods from my diet. I also feel amazing and fit!

I have no friends on this thing and really want to meet some people who have similar goals. I want to get better results from cardio and weights! I'm a total fitness newbie and would love to meet some people I can look up to and get meal and snack ideas from. Thanks =)

Replies

• sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Nice job!!! Keep up the great work!!
    Welcome and feel free to add me!
  • ljbrauer
    ljbrauer Posts: 62
    Options
    Hi Rebecca! I went through the same weight gain when I joined the Air Force back in '04. I was super skinny right after basic, but I guess I gave myself the go ahead to eat like crap and skip working out all together. I paid for that, for sure, especially when I needed to pass my PT test. I would love to be your friend and do what I can to help you on your journey.

On another note, how is P90X working out for you? I would love to try it!

Welcome to the site! :]
  • catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!
    Welcome and feel free to add me! The support system here is absolutely wonderful!!
  • snickers224
    Options
    welcome! i also am just getting started and looking for some friends. I have similar goals as you, I'm trying to lose about 30 lbs and to tone up. I have actually tried p90x before but now I am doing Insanity and loving it. Feel free to add me!
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hello Rebecca! Go ahead and add me as a friend! One of my new friends and I are currently on a fruit and veggie cleanse. We are on day 3 of 10 days. I do my exercise on an elliptical and I do free weights. Welcome to MFP!! I think you will love it! I do! Talk to you later!
    Ryonslions2
  • RyonsLions2
    Options
    Hello Rebecca! Go ahead and add me as a friend! One of my new friends and I are currently on a fruit and veggie cleanse. We are on day 3 of 10 days. I do my exercise on an elliptical and I do free weights. Welcome to MFP!! I think you will love it! I do! Talk to you later!
    Ryonslions2
  • RyonsLions2
    Options
    Ryonslions2
  • RyonsLions2
    Options
    Ryonslions2
  • RyonsLions2
    Options
    I'm sorry I don't know why that added me so many times. I hope this one doesn't.....:ohwell:
  • eannhaynie
    eannhaynie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm trying to lose about 15 more lbs to be to my ideal weight! I'm trying to lose 10 of it by the beginning of May for a beach trip... Gotta look good in my suit! I gained about 20 lbs after getting married (I was SUPER skinny when I got married) and have since had 2 kids, so I am now only 3.5 lbs from prebaby weight... just got to get rid of SOME of that post marriage weight, LOL!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    You can add me! my goal is to get to 21% body fat! so that is what I am aiming for. I am currently 144 lbs... 21 years old 5'3" with 26% body fat!

This is a great website!
  • Kristen713
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far!!! you can add me if you like and i can help give you a boost if needed :flowerforyou:
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I am on week 1 of P90x. This is my fourth time attempting to make it through a full 90 days of it. In the past, I've let life get in my way of success. Feel free to add me, as I could always use someone also doing P90x to keep me motivated!

Best of luck!
  • starboardzor
    Options

On another note, how is P90X working out for you? I would love to try it!

Welcome to the site! :]

Thanks for the welcome! I love P90X. I've always wanted to tone up my stomach, arms, and legs but I never knew where to start. Going to the gym is so intimidating, because I was so paranoid I would be doing something wrong/stupid. I thought about getting a personal trainer, but that's so expensive! I also got a gym membership and tried weight machines, which gave okay results, but honestly I think they were hurting my joints. P90X has safely taught me so many cool moves with free weights and I'm so happy I can get the results I want from the privacy of my own living room with minimal equipment. Nice to meet you, added ya!
  • starboardzor
    Options
    welcome! i also am just getting started and looking for some friends. I have similar goals as you, I'm trying to lose about 30 lbs and to tone up. I have actually tried p90x before but now I am doing Insanity and loving it. Feel free to add me!

Thanks! I was actually checking Insanity out the other day. I think after I'm done with P90x, I'm going to do one more round of the 90 days to see how much better I can do, and then buy Insanity. It looks like plyoX on crack! I love how there are more programs out there now for people who really want to push themselves to sweaty, awesome exhaustion. Added ya!
  • SivirSarah
    Options
    Hi rebecca, I saw your post and that you were in the navy and that really peaked my intrest because i am trying to get into the navy. I am over the body fat% of 33 that i need to be at so i have to lose some weight first before i can go any further. I'd like you to add me as your friend. I'd really enjoy talking to you about the navy and about weight loss.

-Sarah
  • starboardzor
    Options
    Hi rebecca, I saw your post and that you were in the navy and that really peaked my intrest because i am trying to get into the navy. I am over the body fat% of 33 that i need to be at so i have to lose some weight first before i can go any further. I'd like you to add me as your friend. I'd really enjoy talking to you about the navy and about weight loss.

-Sarah

Of course! Feel free to ask me anything, I've been in for almost five years. I know a lot of people who made huge life changes in order to join the military. Hit me up if you have questions =)